Genesis News Com - Home

» Facebook | Twitter
find us on
Follow genesis_news on Twitter Join Genesis News Com on Facebook

Go Back   Genesis News Com Forum | International Message Board > INSIDE and OUT > CONVENTIONS, FANCLUBS, FANSITES and OFFICIAL SITES
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CONVENTIONS, FANCLUBS, FANSITES and OFFICIAL SITES Discuss everything about other Genesis-related sites and Genesis Fanmeetings / Conventions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
landgreen
GNC Forum User

genesis-music.com

I belonged to the official Genesis site for years. A few months ago I decided the cost of renewing membership was not worth it thinking I could still look at the forums there but not have any other benefits of membership. When I cancelled and realized I couldn't access the forums I tried to reregister. After some communication with the people who "run" the site I was told that no new memberships would be accepted as the site was probably going to be shut down and my membership could not be reinstated. Do any of you know of any changes to the official site recently or pending and whether the forums there are still active?
Thanks
landgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
martinus
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by landgreen View Post
I belonged to the official Genesis site for years. A few months ago I decided the cost of renewing membership was not worth it thinking I could still look at the forums there but not have any other benefits of membership. When I cancelled and realized I couldn't access the forums I tried to reregister. After some communication with the people who "run" the site I was told that no new memberships would be accepted as the site was probably going to be shut down and my membership could not be reinstated. Do any of you know of any changes to the official site recently or pending and whether the forums there are still active?
Thanks

The official site has gone down, and I think, so have the forums there. There is a message on their start page that says, in effect, that they will re-launch or whatever the site if they have new product to sell... erm... if they have news...

But I would like to heartily welcome you as one of the very first posters on our forum after our own re-launch (we apologize for the inconvenience of the editorial content not yet being there - we are busily sorting out some last-minute problems). Feel free to stay here. It's for free, and it is fun, and everyone here is either a nice guy or a nice gal or a stupid mod
Old 04-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
jebho62
GNC Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinus View Post
The official site has gone down, and I think, so have the forums there. There is a message on their start page that says, in effect, that they will re-launch or whatever the site if they have new product to sell... erm... if they have news...

But I would like to heartily welcome you as one of the very first posters on our forum after our own re-launch (we apologize for the inconvenience of the editorial content not yet being there - we are busily sorting out some last-minute problems). Feel free to stay here. It's for free, and it is fun, and everyone here is either a nice guy or a nice gal or a stupid mod
everyone???????
jebho62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
martinus
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebho62 View Post
everyone???????
Why, yes. 'cept for the mod, of course, who is occasionally a bit weird. That impressionist ASCII painting guy was harmless, and a certain person with, say, a hankering for S/M has, to my knowledge, never returned. Care to name names (perhaps better via PM, though) ?
Old 04-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Visionsofangels
GNC Forum User

"It's good to be here! How've you been?"

Didn't think I'd miss this place as much as I have!!....Forums looking real good, Hats off to you Christian and kudos to you too Marty for sticking with it and for putting up with us during the highs and the lows.
Like I've mentioned before, lets hope that this forum once again comes to life with old & new members (well, maybe not all old members!)
Looks like we could now have plenty to talk about, esp on the back of Gabe's album(s) & recent shows, Hackett's up & coming shows & new album and of course Phil's "Going Back" and the possible chance of him doing another tour?!

"Hello friend(s), welcome home".
Old 05-02-2010, 07:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Danlaw83
GNC Forum User

Send a message via AIM to Danlaw83 Send a message via MSN to Danlaw83 Send a message via Yahoo to Danlaw83 Send a message via Skype™ to Danlaw83
Landgreen welcome, was that your name there?

I miss the forum, the site was always....blah!!

"After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.tonylayneshow.com
Danlaw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
landgreen
GNC Forum User

Hello

I did use the name Landgreen on the official site. Didn't post that often compared to many but really enjoyed the forums, especially with the vast archives on a variety of topics. Looking forward to seeing how this site and Krissy's stand the test of time. Tough with not much new news but sometimes threads just get cranked up and wander in interesting directions.
I enjoy the Live Torrent site and forum discussion on any shows that come along for download but that's pretty slow going these days as well.
We still have the great music to listen to which is really what it's all about.

Cheers
landgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Christian
Administrator
Site Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Christian
This pretty much describes one of the reasons why we decided to relaunch our english website.

While there was an official site, we didn't do mich with our english site.

But in the end the main difference seems to be that officla websites come and go, whenever there is something to say or sell.

Fan sites are made by fans for fans. That's the main difference.

Follow us on TWITTER
Become a liker of our FACEBOOK page
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote