Genesis News Com - Home

» Facebook | Twitter
find us on
Follow genesis_news on Twitter Join Genesis News Com on Facebook

Go Back   Genesis News Com Forum | International Message Board > GENESIS > GENESIS: Recent News and Upcoming Releases / Reunion Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GENESIS: Recent News and Upcoming Releases / Reunion Discussion Discuss everything about the most recent news, reunion issues and planned releases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Christian
Administrator
Site Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Christian
Lightbulb The Reunion Thread - Hopes, fears, thoughts and facts

Hi ev'ryone

as time goes by there's still discussion about a possible reunion with Peter and Steve - or maybe another small one with Daryl and Chester.

You may post your comments, thoughts or new facts based on news / interviews in this thread.

See also our Special, The Genesis Of A Reunion:
http://www.genesis-news.com/c-The-Ge...-2005-s86.html

Follow us on TWITTER
Become a liker of our FACEBOOK page
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
TheWestSide
GNC Forum User

I don't see the "big bang" happening any more. Peter is doing his own stuff and will not stop doing it for a reunion.

What I really would fancy is a new album by the three of them - or maybe including Steve - that would be interesting.
TheWestSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mark Bataitis
GNC Forum User

There is the possibility that the 3 of them will do another short stint on the road, contingent of course on Phil's health woes.

However, I think you can forget about Peter and also Steve but Gabriel especially. He has ZERO interest in doing anything with Genesis. He has made this abundantly clear many times.
Mark Bataitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
martinus
Administrator
Site Admin

(I'm gonna get lynched for this blasphemy, but...)

I do not want to see a reunion of the classic line-up of five. The minute such a reunion is announced (my) expectations will rise so high that whatever they do cannot but disappoint.

It's like dreaming about getting together with your first sweetheart. It sure was great back then but...
Old 05-20-2010, 05:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Visionsofangels
GNC Forum User

You make a good point about keeping memories exactly just that...memories!

But do you really think that if they were to get together once again it would be a disappointment?
I remember thinking something similar when Phil, Tony & Mike announced their last tour, considering it had been so long since they were last together, The thoughts going through my mind were similar too... Will they be just as good as they once were? Will Phil sound just as good? Will the guys play just as well as yesteryear? and I can now honestly say that they exceeded my expectations and If I could relive it all again then I would in a flash...I'm pretty sure those lucky enough to be at Milton Keynes back in '82' weren't disappointed!!

Me personally I'd love nothing more that to see the classic 5 line-up..now that would be one dream of mine that I'd love to turn into a wonderful memory!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
jebho62
GNC Forum User

Huh???

I myself never saw the 5 piece, or the 4 piece for that matter. I would certainly give the boys a chance to prove that they've still 'got it'. Can't imagine a time when seeing the real thing would pale in comparison to a video from the past? I would go see them if the all came out in rocking chairs with a backup band made up of studio musicians.

Trust me when I tell you this. That's the spirit....
jebho62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
martinus
Administrator
Site Admin

I am afraid so, Visions.

I feel that if the five of them got together again to play live they would have to compete against the last thing they've done together (excluding Milton Keynes), which is The Lamb. It is rather difficult to compete with that.
What's worse, in the audience's minds they have to compete with something they will never ever be able to live up to, which is the fans' memory of the Lamb shows (or the somewhat artificial memory of the Lamb shows as per video snippets and The Musical Box shows) tinged with a patina of almost four decades of nostalgia.

Come on, PeterPhilMikeTonySteve, I dare you prove me wrong!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
jebho62
GNC Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinus View Post
I am afraid so, Visions.

I feel that if the five of them got together again to play live they would have to compete against the last thing they've done together (excluding Milton Keynes), which is The Lamb. It is rather difficult to compete with that.
What's worse, in the audience's minds they have to compete with something they will never ever be able to live up to, which is the fans' memory of the Lamb shows (or the somewhat artificial memory of the Lamb shows as per video snippets and The Musical Box shows) tinged with a patina of almost four decades of nostalgia.

Come on, PeterPhilMikeTonySteve, I dare you prove me wrong!
This from a man who was absolutely frothing over Rewiring Genesis (and every other cover band a short time ago), which sounded nothing like the original....do you not suppose you could get something out of the REAL band playing their OWN music for a change? You are just trying to get a Nicklike "discussion" started here and I ain't biting! Nice try M!!! LOL!!! No takers?
Old 05-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
martinus
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebho62 View Post
This from a man who was absolutely frothing over Rewiring Genesis (and every other cover band a short time ago), which sounded nothing like the original....do you not suppose you could get something out of the REAL band playing their OWN music for a change? You are just trying to get a Nicklike "discussion" started here and I ain't biting! Nice try M!!! LOL!!! No takers?
The others do not have the nostalgia to compete with. And who needs the real thing when I can turn on MTV and watch some sparsely-clad ladies shake all things shakeable at me?

No, seriously, I know that I would buy tickets immediately if they announced reunion. But I would still feel (see two posts up).

(Thank god you're not biting. These are awfully sharp pointed teeth, sir.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
jebho62
GNC Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinus View Post
The others do not have the nostalgia to compete with. And who needs the real thing when I can turn on MTV and watch some sparsely-clad ladies shake all things shakeable at me?

No, seriously, I know that I would buy tickets immediately if they announced reunion. But I would still feel (see two posts up).

(Thank god you're not biting. These are awfully sharp pointed teeth, sir.
Can't argue with that sharkteethus!