Genesis News Com - Home

» Facebook | Twitter
find us on
Follow genesis_news on Twitter Join Genesis News Com on Facebook

Go Back   Genesis News Com Forum | International Message Board > INSIDE and OUT > THE MUSICAL BOX
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

THE MUSICAL BOX Discuss everything about the famous canadian cover-band and the reproductions of the FOXTROT, SELLING ENGLAND, LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY and A TRICK OF THE TAIL shows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 12:34 AM   #51 (permalink)
BigChester
GNC Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTayMan View Post
Ohh wowwwww, well that sucks, haha..

1)BigChester, do you know why they fired Ron Belgard? Lack of talent I guess?

2) It makes sense Martin didn't take the job, he has alot going on right now with DOAV and his home studio (I hear)... not to mention past problems with the TMB.

3) Denis Gagne as Phil? Are you kidding me? That's a joke, honestly.. in no way does Denis sound like Phil, look, or play the drums like Phil. He's fantastic as Peter and he is a great musician and everything, but playing the part of Phil is just overkill. I was actually getting excited for a bit for the new TMB tour, this sounds like it could be a huge diaster. Good luck to them, I sure hope they know what they're doing.

Tayman, you nailed it!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:25 AM   #52 (permalink)
jebho62
GNC Forum User

Note to TMB management.....Marty & Co. are going to kick your butts....abandon ship....dance with the lady that brought you here and please please please...I implore you...go back to Gabriel era...Denis Gagne IS Peter Gabriel and Martin Levac IS Phil Collins...

Note to David Myers......you should kick Stéphane Dion out of Liberal leadership and give us Canadians a viable alternative to Stephen "don't call me Steve" Harper.

Note to forum readers...sorry for my flip flop on this but I am entitled to flip flop...it is the nature of this thread to flip flop....or is it???

NOTE TO GENESIS AND PETER GABRIEL....PLEASE END THIS DEBATE BY GIVING US THE REAL THING......AND I WILL EVEN SETTLE FOR PHIL LED GENESIS TOUR AND PETER LED GABRIEL TOUR!

Note to Phil And Peter....Phil Really is Peter and Peter Really is Phil.

Confused????? So am I!!!

jebho62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:15 AM   #53 (permalink)
Danlaw83
GNC Forum User

Send a message via AIM to Danlaw83 Send a message via MSN to Danlaw83 Send a message via Yahoo to Danlaw83 Send a message via Skype™ to Danlaw83
WOW, I couldn't have said it better AT ALL. You guys nailed it. **shakes head** I do not know what to think right now, just shock!!!

"After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.tonylayneshow.com
Danlaw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:14 PM   #54 (permalink)
TheTayMan
GNC Forum User

See with all the stuff I just read, that's why I think DOAV will probably win alot of popularity.

The thing that I love about DOAV is that its all real, and its exactly how Genesis did it back then. Martin's actually going back to the kit, and playing the parts that Phil played, he's actually singing like Phil, doing everything that they did. It's very real, I'm excited to see the new lineup in action!

If Denis goes back to the kit near the back of the stage and just walks off and then another guy comes on, it just seems to fake, not to mention he doesn't even sound like Phil. Only time will tell if they can pull it off. Denis will really have to get into character, he's a great musician so I'm sure he can at least satisfy most of the audiences they will encounter in Europe.

But my vote is still for DOAV.

HEY BIGCHESTER, how COME we HAVN'T seen any pre-production rehearsal footage from DOAV!!?? Have you checked it out at all?

Old 09-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #55 (permalink)
GP_1960
GNC Forum User

A great disappointment

I am really suprised on TMB choice to present just the ATOTT tour in 2008.
Finally we had a great group giving us the magic of the great shows of Peter's era... and now they disappear? What should we hope now? To discover a new group that will be the cover of the TMB? Furthermore, TMB are loosing a key of their group, Denis Gagne' (like Peter but also better in voice). Personally, I'll not pay to see Phil collins era show. I am disappointed.
GP_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:03 PM   #56 (permalink)
martinus
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_1960 View Post
I am really suprised on TMB choice to present just the ATOTT tour in 2008.
Finally we had a great group giving us the magic of the great shows of Peter's era... and now they disappear? What should we hope now? To discover a new group that will be the cover of the TMB? Furthermore, TMB are loosing a key of their group, Denis Gagne' (like Peter but also better in voice). Personally, I'll not pay to see Phil collins era show. I am disappointed.
Your information is out of date. Denis Gagné stays with TMB and takes over the role of Phil.

TMB have been around since when? 2000? I remember seeing them on all their European tours, the first of which took place in 2002 (or 2003, I forget). That is not really "finally", is it?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #57 (permalink)
Danlaw83
GNC Forum User

Send a message via AIM to Danlaw83 Send a message via MSN to Danlaw83 Send a message via Yahoo to Danlaw83 Send a message via Skype™ to Danlaw83
They have been around since 1993.....

Old 09-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #58 (permalink)
martinus
Administrator
Site Admin

Thanks for the correction, Dan. Yes, that's 15 years! Definitely no "finally" here.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #59 (permalink)
Danlaw83
GNC Forum User

No absolutely not. That is why, when I say they will get through it, and blow us away, I am sure they will find away!

Old 09-27-2008, 01:07 AM   #60 (permalink)
Danlaw83
GNC Forum User

The tickets have been bought for the Keswick Theatre show on January 3rd 2009

Your seat numbers are FF 14, 16