Genesis News Com - Home

» Facebook | Twitter
find us on
Follow genesis_news on Twitter Join Genesis News Com on Facebook

Go Back   Genesis News Com Forum | International Message Board > INSIDE and OUT > Other BANDS and ARTISTS of INTEREST
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other BANDS and ARTISTS of INTEREST Discuss everything about other Bands and Artists NOT related to GENESIS like The Who, Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen etc.

View Poll Results: Cheesiest band of all time???
The Carpenters 2 28.57%
Wham! 2 28.57%
ABBA 1 14.29%
Barry Manilow 1 14.29%
Hootie & The Blowfish 1 14.29%
Cher 0 0%
Other (Please Specify by Post) 0 0%
Madonna 0 0%
Sheryl Crow 0 0%
Spandau Ballet 0 0%
Rod Stewart (Latter Day) 0 0%
Fine Young Cannibals 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #61 (permalink)
martinus
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcLacroix View Post
You all are so kind and it is because of people like you that Cobain offed himself.
Quote:
Dave Grohl of Nirvana said that the band felt they had "made it" after Yankovic recorded "Smells Like Nirvana", a parody of the grunge band's smash hit "Smells Like Teen Spirit". In his Behind the Music special, Yankovic stated that when he called Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain to ask if he could parody the song, Cobain gave him permission, then paused and asked, "Um... it's not gonna be about food, is it?" Yankovic responded with "No, it'll be about how no one can understand your lyrics"According to members of Nirvana interviewed for Behind the Music, when they saw the video of the song, they laughed hysterically. Additionally, Cobain described Yankovic as "a musical genius."
source: http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Weird_Al%22_Yankovic, see there for their sources.

If they could laugh about that surely so can I. So, care to explain your comment?

Last edited by martinus : 04-12-2009 at 09:36 PM.
martinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #62 (permalink)
MarcLacroix
GNC Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinus View Post
source: http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Weird_Al%22_Yankovic, see there for their sources.

If they could laugh about that surely so can I. So, care to explain your comment?
Well I'm not a shrink but I sorta' understand how repeated mockery and rejection could/would lead to drug abuse and ultimately overwhelm an individual's drive to survive and ability to overcome adversity.
Hey, the world is not a fair place and some people are dealt really shitty hands.

Marc
MarcLacroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:29 AM   #63 (permalink)
TinaS
GNC Forum User

Let's see Marc, Cobain was a multi-millionaire who decided to drugs on his own. No one put drugs up or into him. He offed himself because he had some deeply mental problems that stemmed from things in his life, not his singing and guitar playing. From what I have read, he was a very disturbed man.

"Shedding Ever Changing Colours, In The Darkness Of The Fading Light"
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:43 AM   #64 (permalink)
jebho62
GNC Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaS View Post
Let's see Marc, Cobain was a multi-millionaire who decided to drugs on his own. No one put drugs up or into him. He offed himself because he had some deeply mental problems that stemmed from things in his life, not his singing and guitar playing. From what I have read, he was a very disturbed man.
Was going to bed when I read this...could not agree with you more....there are so many talented musicians out there that don't 'make it' but still plod away in the bars, on the sidewalks...etc...but still they don't kill themselves...very difficult to feel sorry for this guy!!!
jebho62 is offline   Reply With Quote