Genesis News Com - Home

» Facebook | Twitter
find us on
Follow genesis_news on Twitter Join Genesis News Com on Facebook

Go Back   Genesis News Com Forum | International Message Board > GENESIS > GENESIS Live: Tours and Live Shows > Turn It On Again - The Tour 2007
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turn It On Again - The Tour 2007 Discuss everything about the Reunion and the European and North American Tour 2007

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 05:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
TinaS
GNC Forum User

Maybe to be in the Hall of Fame, you have to be nominated, like it is for a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. All you have to do is sign someone up, and pay a fee, and get signatures. Oh, and they have to do something good for the community (which I know Genesis has done already). Christian, do you have any contacts who can give you the ruling on the entry for the Hall of Fame?

"Shedding Ever Changing Colours, In The Darkness Of The Fading Light"
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
RobbAssBatt
GNC Forum User

Location: I'll be the GEEK in DC (Poor Little) NEMO T-Shirt or a LawnMower (u can tell me by the way I walk)
Send a message via AIM to RobbAssBatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squonkman View Post
........Peter Gabriel closed out the Woodstock 94 concert. His closing song of Biko in front of hundreds of thousands of candle holding people, most of them too young to really remember him in Genesis, was a very touching moment which gave me chills.

Admittedly, timing is everything.

27 April 1994 was the day Nelson Mandela beacme the first President of South Africa to be elected in fully-representative democratic elections.

The detention & suffering of Mandela and Biko were the watershed of public opinion and world action resulting in the demise of aparteid and white minority rule.

As for the rest:

I would think that , at this point ( mention of Live8 and Live Aid) , Phil had some solo hits and this was probably what the promoters were looking to showcase.

============================

"................or to die for a cause somewhere." Pussywillow - Jethro Tull
Giant Nymphs and goblins playing,
scenes from a night's dream, poor Little Nemo!

ROBBeryASSaultBATTery DC407H14-17/Pitts,PA FLR 2, row K, seat 11

My First GENESIS concert.
28.03.1978 Binghamton New York
http://www.gobroomecounty.com/parks/...ertSeating.gif

A little Hockey Arena in UpState New York (Seven Thousand seats, max? General Admission. HEAVEN ! )
RobbAssBatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
RobbAssBatt
GNC Forum User

Location: I'll be the GEEK in DC (Poor Little) NEMO T-Shirt or a LawnMower (u can tell me by the way I walk)
Send a message via AIM to RobbAssBatt
Blood on the Rooftops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbAssBatt View Post
Admittedly, timing is everything.

27 April 1994 was the day Nelson Mandela beacme the first President of South Africa to be elected in fully-representative democratic elections.

The detention & suffering of Mandela and Biko were the watershed of public opinion and world action resulting in the demise of aparteid and white minority rule.
"................or to die for a cause somewhere." Pussywillow - Jethro Tull

When the phone rang the other day, the caller ID said it was TinaS on the line. Having never spoken to her before, I did what is typical for me when I'm in one of my moods. I made what may be a LASTING first impression. Instead of just answering and saying 'Hello' or some such , and totally unplanned save the fact that the music was [just] playing, I simply said :

"Given the fact that I may actually watch more hours of C-Span & CNN each week than I spend sleeping, I think it rather incongrous that my FAVORITE Genesis song is "Blood on the Rooftops".

(Seemingly) Long Pause: Really? [Hey Tina, refresh my memory here, OK?]
Why's that? {Paraphrased}

========================================
Let's skip the news boy (I'll go and make some tea)
Arabs and Jews boy (too much for me)
They get me confused boy (puts me off to sleep)
And the thing I hate--Oh Lord!
Is staying up late, to watch some debate, on some nation's fate..

=======================

9/11:
Bury your memories bury your friends,
Leave it alone for a year or two.
Till the stories go hazy and the legends come true,
Then do it again. Some Things never end.

--------------------------------------------------
Giant Nymphs and goblins playing,
scenes from a night's dream, poor Little Nemo!

ROBBeryASSaultBATTery DC407H14-17/Pitts,PA FLR 2, row K, seat 11

My First GENESIS concert.
28.03.1978 Binghamton New York
http://www.gobroomecounty.com/parks/...ertSeating.gif

A little Hockey Arena in UpState New York (Seven Thousand seats, max? General Admission. HEAVEN ! )
RobbAssBatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Christian
Administrator
Site Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Christian
@ TinaS: I can try to find informnation about that!

by the Way, the Rock Honors Show is at Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas

Follow us on TWITTER
Become a liker of our FACEBOOK page
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Squonkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbAssBatt View Post
When the phone rang the other day, the caller ID said it was TinaS on the line.

???????

that is weird, wacky and wild stuff
Old 03-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Danlaw83
GNC Forum User

Send a message via AIM to Danlaw83 Send a message via MSN to Danlaw83 Send a message via Yahoo to Danlaw83 Send a message via Skype™ to Danlaw83
Of course now i read somewhere that the band hasn't even agreed to whether they are showing up at the event or not? It would be nice if they were there to sit and watch the bands cover their songs and show appreciation to the band then maybe perform a song or too...maybe with some former members of the band

"After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.tonylayneshow.com
Danlaw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Squonkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlaw83 View Post
Of course now i read somewhere that the band hasn't even agreed to whether they are showing up at the event or not? It would be nice if they were there to sit and watch the bands cover their songs and show appreciation to the band then maybe perform a song or too...maybe with some former members of the band
I also read that on another site that there is no guarantee they would be there. So I called VHI at a number I found on there VIP ticket application page. The lady said that Genesis was going to play. Now who knows how credible she is, as she is someone answering phones for VH1's Save the Music Foundation. But, the event is for charity, and it would be weird for them to be honoring a band who wasn't even there. At the previous year's event, the bands were there--I would think they choose bands that will show up.

Since flights to Las Vegas are so cheap from where I am at, I am tempted.....
Old 03-27-2007, 11:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Squonkman

An Ominous and Telltale Sign

Ticketmaster's page for the VH1 show bills the concert as featuring "Genesis with Phil Collins".

The very fact that they want to point out that Phil is back in is one thing, but it smacks of the ol Genesis is Phil's backing band stigma, ala Knebworth 1990 (and now here's Phil joined by a couple of his ol friends!). Also, the concert is also going to honor Ozzy Osborne, ZZ Top, and Heart. Yuck. Not that I dislike music by those groups--I respect Ozzy's contribution to metal via Sabbath; ZZTop was OK but I wouldn't go out of my way; and Heart also was OK--but none of those bands have anything in common with Genesis, so its a weird combo. Would have been better off doing a Genesis/Yes show or something. Oh, but they have to sell commercials for the broadcast. So we get "Genesis with Phil Collins".
Old 03-28-2007, 05:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Danlaw83
GNC Forum User

Send a message via AIM to Danlaw83 Send a message via MSN to Danlaw83 Send a message via Yahoo to Danlaw83 Send a message via Skype™ to Danlaw83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squonkman View Post
I also read that on another site that there is no guarantee they would be there. So I called VHI at a number I found on there VIP ticket application page. The lady said that Genesis was going to play. Now who knows how credible she is, as she is someone answering phones for VH1's Save the Music Foundation. But, the event is for charity, and it would be weird for them to be honoring a band who wasn't even there. At the previous year's event, the bands were there--I would think they choose bands that will show up.

Since flights to Las Vegas are so cheap from where I am at, I am tempted.....
Well with how the rest of the year has gone with our boys, so far, I am worried that they WON'T be there. I really hope they do show up and it is a full event because it will be an unforgetable one!

Old 04-10-2007, 05:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Danlaw83
GNC Forum User

And to add to it, Bam Margera is going to be hosting it. This could be a very interesting show!