Genesis News Com - Home

» Facebook | Twitter
find us on
Follow genesis_news on Twitter Join Genesis News Com on Facebook

Go Back   Genesis News Com Forum | International Message Board > GENESIS > GENESIS Live: Tours and Live Shows > Turn It On Again - The Tour 2007
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turn It On Again - The Tour 2007 Discuss everything about the Reunion and the European and North American Tour 2007

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Squonkman

Latest Live Earth info

The Wembley part of the concert is scheduled to begin at 1:30 pm local time (8:30 am Eastern time). "An all star drum circle is slated to open the show, featuring Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) and Phil Collins." Genesis is then listed as the first band to perform.

Americans, get up early or you will miss Genesis!
Old 07-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Visionsofangels
GNC Forum User

Genesis Manchester

Oooo not long to go now, in a few hours my dream will finally be comimg true!, i`ll soon be on my Dukes travels down to manchester & i cant wait

Just wanna say to all the other english forum members who are off to O.Trafford tonight, tonight, tonight!!!!!

Im wishing you all a brilliant time & i`ll look forward to discussing it with you on this forum in the next few days

"Its time to stop this dreaming must rejoin the real world"
Old 07-07-2007, 03:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
DocFeatherfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squonkman View Post
Americans, get up early or you will miss Genesis!
I think there was not so much to miss - they played Behind The Lines / Duke’s End / Turn It On Again; Land Of Confusion; Invisible Touch -
solid performance, but as expected no surprises.

The german TV station makes a lot of noise "about the greatest rock event of all time" but the stadiums in Hamburg and London are at least half empty. Contrary to "Live Aid" and "Live 8" the line-up is mostly average (or absolutely awful regarding the German concert). Genesis may be a good choice, but they play London in three days anyway - and you get much more than just 15 minutes. And there are no real surprises like Led Zeppelin in '85 and Pink Floyd in '05.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Christian
Administrator
Site Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Christian
They play Twickenham tomorrow....

anyway, it was 2pm local time, no wonder the stadium wasn't full

Follow us on TWITTER
Become a liker of our FACEBOOK page
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
DocFeatherfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
They play Twickenham tomorrow....

anyway, it was 2pm local time, no wonder the stadium wasn't full
Yes sorry - I mixed it up. But do you really think, that the stadium will fill completely in the next hours? I read that in Hamburg there were a lot of tickets left.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Danlaw83
GNC Forum User

Send a message via AIM to Danlaw83 Send a message via MSN to Danlaw83 Send a message via Yahoo to Danlaw83 Send a message via Skype™ to Danlaw83
Not bad, non responsive crowd, Phil looked sorta frustrated with the non participation. I was very dissapointed in the reactions...very simple....WHOA OH OHHhh. The band sounded great, IMO, that is the best live performance of LOC I have ever heard. The bass line was strong, Phil's vocals were very strong. This makes waiting for the Philly show even worse!

"After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.tonylayneshow.com
Danlaw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Squonkman

I didn't see Phil in that little drum opening--just Roger Taylor of Queen and theRed Hot Chili Peppers drummer and a third guy I couldn't see (Grohl?). Must have been a change of plans?

Last edited by Squonkman : 07-07-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Danlaw83
GNC Forum User

Send a message via AIM to Danlaw83 Send a message via MSN to Danlaw83 Send a message via Yahoo to Danlaw83 Send a message via Skype™ to Danlaw83
Yeah slightly because they weren't in it. Someone changed the bill!!

Old 07-07-2007, 11:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
DocFeatherfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlaw83 View Post
Not bad, non responsive crowd, Phil looked sorta frustrated with the non participation. I was very dissapointed in the reactions...very simple....WHOA OH OHHhh. The band sounded great, IMO, that is the best live performance of LOC I have ever heard. The bass line was strong, Phil's vocals were very strong. This makes waiting for the Philly show even worse!
At least you have still a show to wait for (and you can really look forward). It is always the same - I anticipate a rock show for months and then it's gone like nothing . Can't believe that it is already 10 days since I saw Genesis and actually I'm quite sure it was the last show of them that I've seen (meaning the last tour of Collins/Banks/Rutherford/Stuermer/Thompson).
Old 07-08-2007, 06:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Danlaw83
GNC Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocFeatherfield View Post
At least you have still a show to wait for (and you can really look forward). It is always the same - I anticipate a rock show for months and then it's gone like nothing . Can't believe that it is already 10 days since I saw Genesis and actually I'm quite sure it was the last show of them that I've seen (meaning the last tour of Collins/Banks/Rutherford/Stuermer/Thompson).

Do you mean this in a bad way, or in a sad way??