Genesis News Com - Home

» Facebook | Twitter
find us on
Follow genesis_news on Twitter Join Genesis News Com on Facebook

Go Back   Genesis News Com Forum | International Message Board > GENESIS > GENESIS Live: Tours and Live Shows > Turn It On Again - The Tour 2007
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turn It On Again - The Tour 2007 Discuss everything about the Reunion and the European and North American Tour 2007

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 11:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Icantdance1994

In the Cage

I was just wonderin' what you guys thought of the In the Cage medely Genesis did for this year.

Were you impressed or disappointed?

I was impressed and disappointed since they didn't do Old Medely like on the last tour.

But I do think that they had a better version since the Base was clearer than the older version.

So give me your thoughts

Old 12-05-2007, 04:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Danlaw83
GNC Forum User

Send a message via AIM to Danlaw83 Send a message via MSN to Danlaw83 Send a message via Yahoo to Danlaw83 Send a message via Skype™ to Danlaw83
yeah the base sounded fantastic on this tour, and I, even thoug my favorite version of the ITG medley is the 83-84 version, I loved them throwing Dukes Travels in!

"After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.tonylayneshow.com
Old 12-05-2007, 05:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Danlaw83
GNC Forum User

Send a message via AIM to Danlaw83 Send a message via MSN to Danlaw83 Send a message via Yahoo to Danlaw83 Send a message via Skype™ to Danlaw83
NONO, I just like thet version better, I will never forget my two G concerts this year!

"After all, you're not what you thought you were at all
You're just a natural fact, another Cul-De-Sac
On nature's hard unfeeling trail"

http://www.tonylayneshow.com
Old 12-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
martinus
Administrator
Site Admin

I like this year's version very much. Plus I discovered that it is a perfect jogging or biking song
Old 12-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
AeroZach
GNC Forum User

Send a message via AIM to AeroZach
ITC this tour was phenomenal. When I first saw the rehearsal video and found out that this was being played (I did not look at the setlist prior to the leak of rehearsal footage) chills instantly went down my spine. Now, after seeing the vids, it took me awhile to get used to it, but now I really love it.

The thing is, I refuse to compare it with the '80s version, because to me they sound entirely different. The '80s version was more intense and was so much more paranoid, which gave it a more interesting feel. This version was more similar towards the "Lamb" version, which was different from a vocal standpoint on Phil's end, and musically it was more interesting, toned down the way it was.

Genesis Shows Attended:

October 2, 2007 Chicago, IL (United Center)
October 4, 2007 Chicago, IL (United Center)

"This is different. We're not supporting an album or product. This is just for fun. We don't have to do this. It's just for fun." -Phil Collins, on 97.9 the Loop, 10/2/07
Old 12-07-2007, 01:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
paulo
GNC Forum User

A great jogging song!

I agree, Martinus. I hate to run, but as an (almost) old guy I have to do some aerobic exercise...so I now use the intro song of Genesis shows for stretching(from the American Beauty soundtrack), then Behind the Lines to warm up, and then TIOA and ITC to run! And I am always surprised with the energy that Chester put in the end of that song(keep on turning...etc). It is like a heavy rock drummer!
Old 12-08-2007, 01:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Icantdance1994

Quote:
It's like a heavy metal rock drummer
Well Chester does have that quality to him and that's why I like him since he has the type of adaption to the music itself.

As a drummer you have to keep that beat. if you don't then you're going to screw up the entire band.

That's why they evolved around him

Old 12-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
paulo
GNC Forum User

You are right, I cantdance!

Yes, Chester impressed me because, having a fusion background, he could adapt to Genesis very well...and you can see in the gigs that the band trust him, and like him very much!
And being a drummer myself I agree when you say HOW IMPORTANT a drummer is to any band!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Icantdance1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo View Post
Yes, Chester impressed me because, having a fusion background, he could adapt to Genesis very well...and you can see in the gigs that the band trust him, and like him very much!
And being a drummer myself I agree when you say HOW IMPORTANT a drummer is to any band!
Well after years of being the drummer for Weather Report which was a very good band he had a good mix of fusion during ITC

Old 12-09-2007, 07:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Squonkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icantdance1994 View Post
Well after years of being the drummer for Weather Report which was a very good band he had a good mix of fusion during ITC

actually Chester wasn't with Weather Report for "years", just an album or 2 at the most. So ICD, how much Weather Report have you listened to? What is your fav WR album?

Closed Thread