What are you listening to right now?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I Pooh biography

I Pooh, or Pooh for short, are like the Rolling Stones of Italian popular music. One of music's longest continuously running acts, they formed in Bologna in 1964. Like other groups of the 'beat' generation their music consisted of American and English pop covers sung in Italian. The original band was composed of # Valerio Negrini (Drums)

Bob Gillot (Keyboards), Gilberto Faggioli ( Bass Guitar ), Mario Goretti (Guitar), and Mauro Bertoli (Guitar). As the 60's wore down and the Italian music scene began to find it's own voice Pooh gravitated toward a more... melodic pop. The group had some line-up changes during these years with the the definitive Pooh line up taking form. Roby Facchinetti (voice and keyboards) joined in 1966 replacing Gillot. Red Canzian (voice and electric bass joined 1973 replacing Riccardo Fogli who had replaced Faggioli in 1966. In 1967 , Mauro Bertoli left the group. In September 1968, Dodi Battaglia (voice and guitars) joined the group, when Mario Goretti left the band. Finally in 1971, following Valerio's departure, the band recruited Stefano D'Orazio, the drummer of the Naufraghi. The line-up of Facchinetti, Battaglia, D'Orazio, and Canzianhas been together since 1973 with exception of some albums in the early to mid 70's staying in the vein of pop music.

Much of the Pooh's music is not really of interest of proggresive rock fans. However there was a period when even the most successful of the purveyors of melodic pop where drawn in the progressive rock boom that swept all of Italy in the early 70's. The Pooh's detour into prog was brought on by the addition of Canzian who had a keen interest in progressive rock and had been guitarist of Capsicum Red before taking over the bass chair in Pooh. Pooh released a series of albums in the 70's that are of keen interest to those who have a deep interest in progressive rock. In fact.... some of their albums have been hailed as 'masterpieces' OF Italian progressive rock and for years were HIGHLY sought after by collectors of Italian progressive rock recordings of the 70's in the dark days before many of the albums were available again for us relatively easily. Albums such as Opera Prima, Parsifal, and Un po' del nostro tempo migliore are where the prog fan's should look first.

The group well is recommended for completionsts of Italian progressive rock and those who like their prog on the .... melodic and orchestrated side. I have these albums and find them to be an interesting listen and are quite highly recommended.

• I look forward to hearing their music! ;)

• First bought this album in 1975, at a ridiculous low price of £1.00:?:

The Faust Tapes is the third album by the German krautrock group Faust, released in 1973. The album sold well in the United Kingdom (60,000 copies)[2] because of a marketing gimmick by Virgin Records that saw it go on sale for the price of a single.[1] This exposure introduced British audiences to Faust.

Recommended Records reissued the album on LP in 1980, and on CD in 1996 and 2001, both mastered from vinyl sources. The Recommended LP reissue used a brand new cover design and was packaged in an oversized plastic bag. Neither CD edition included the original LP artwork; the 1996 CD used the cover art from the second "Faust Party 3" extract single as the front cover and the 2001 CD used the cover art from the Munic and Elsewhere album as the front cover. The Virgin and Recommended LP releases, and the first Recommended CD release had no track titles.

The Faust Tapes consists of segments of songs woven together in pieces spread out over two sides of the LP.[

Though weird, this album is rather good!.... IMO^^

Edited 2 times, last by Noni ().

Fantastic track!

Fantastic track!

Agreed. I have the original vinyl single.

I remember there being a big charity televised event in the late 80's, and I think UB40 were due to appear live from Spain, but there was an issue, the weather or something, so the TV feed had to cut to somewhere else. Cue Golden Earing, who were brilliant. An underrated band who I guess I should have researched more.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Quite a jazzy album. Certain parts remind me of the band Nucleus.

Cannot say this album blows my pants off :D, as it appears it's mild in tones and structure . Very easy listening album.

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• Official Post