What are you listening to right now?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Funny how it can take you ages to re-discover a song. I heard this some time in my childhood. One of the finest 80s productions imho.

• Ok, here's another one, just have to share it, I love these forgotten 80s gems :P

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ok, here's another one, just have to share it, I love these forgotten 80s gems :P

I have all 3 of Cosa Rosa's albums, plus an mp3 of the one non-album track. Rosa was diagnosed with stomach cancer during the making of the middle album in 1985, and died in January 1991. Such a shame as she was not only a great singer and songwriter, but she was also a great keyboard player, and in fact was hired as such by Ulla Meinecke (coincidence you should mention them in consecutive posts, I believe Rosa is keyboard player on the Meinecke track you posted). She co-wrote at least one song with her, Süße Sünden.

Here's Ulla in concert, Rosa on keys, from 1991. Note, the video write-up states the guitar player is Carlo Karges, guitarist with Nena, and co-writer of 99 Luftballons. I'm not sure who it actually is, but I'm pretty sure it's not Carlo!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I have all 3 of Cosa Rosa's albums, plus an mp3 of the one non-album track. Rosa was diagnosed with stomach cancer during the making of the middle album in 1985, and died in January 1991. Such a shame as she was not only a great singer and songwriter, but she was also a great keyboard player, and in fact was hired as such by Ulla Meinecke (coincidence you should mention them in consecutive posts, I believe Rosa is keyboard player on the Meinecke track you posted). She co-wrote at least one song with her, Süße Sünden.

Thank you! It was more of a coincidence I mentioned both these artists, I was reading on wikipedia about Ulla Meinecke and it led me to a couple other musicians, one of them Rosa Precht. I never heard of Cosa Rosa's songs before, now I spent 2 hours late at night clicking through her songs on youtube. She is fascinating! And yes, what a shame she had to die so soon. No doubt she would have become one of the leading producers in the German pop music scene.

The keyboardist in "Die Tänzerin" is Edo Zanki though, who also passed away only a few weeks ago (September 1st).

• Thank you! It was more of a coincidence I mentioned both these artists, I was reading on wikipedia about Ulla Meinecke and it led me to a couple other musicians, one of them Rosa Precht. I never heard of Cosa Rosa's songs before, now I spent 2 hours late at night clicking through her songs on youtube. She is fascinating! And yes, what a shame she had to die so soon. No doubt she would have become one of the leading producers in the German pop music scene.

The keyboardist in "Die Tänzerin" is Edo Zanki though, who also passed away only a few weeks ago (September 1st).

Do you still have the ….2@gmx.net email? I can send you links to the albums.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• External Content www.youtube.com

• Modern Rock Ensemble - 'Touch The Mystery' (2016) [Ukraine]

Vladimir Gorashchenko is assisted by legendary Ukranian musician Anton Kalugin, famous for his work as Karfagen and Sunchild. Highly recommended :)