What are you listening to right now?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Why?

One - that deep deep voice (Is that still alto? contralto? whatever, it's deep).

Two - the oboe. So yearning, so beautiful.

Three - the atmosphere in the video, like Dorothea Lange's Dust Bowl photographs translated to South America.

Four - the song. It's one of very few where everything comes together for a perfect piece of music.

• Whole album's pretty good, actually. Poor Cow is a bit preachy, but otherwise good.

Sang backing vocal's on Nanci Griffith's "It's Late". Bit of trivia for you there!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Had a huge crush on Susanne Vega back in the day and love this song.

External Content youtu.be

• R.E.M. Live in Madrid - Drive

External Content www.youtube.com

Michael Stipe had, I think, a sore throat that day and a very raspy voice, but boy does he deliver! My favourite version of the song.

That sent me down an R.E.M rabbit hole over the weekend. Big Fan

• Official Post

Currently listening a lot to the new albums by Ray Wilson and Hackett. Great stuff and highly recommended!

• Did you get this one too or found it on YouTube?

There is a Live in Rio DVD and CD out there but they are much better in the studio.

I love this Marillion clone :)

I got all their albums now, I really like this band. I first heard it on YouTube to see if I would like it and I did. Thanks for the recommendation since you posted this first.;)

• External Content youtu.be

• External Content m.youtube.com

No!

• “Julie With,” Brian Eno

External Content youtu.be

• Plenty (Tim Bowness, Brian Hulse, David K Jones) - Enough (2CD lockdown project, includes a cover of Suzanne Vega's Soap & Water)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!