What are you listening to right now?

• I am listening to and watching Pink Floyd

I recently discovered a freeview channel which I have never watched before - SkyArts.

At the moment Pink Floyd are on at Earls Court 1994. Includes tracks from Dark Side of the Moon. I love this album.

After this Yes are on - another one of my favourite bands.

I have had problems with freeview here in the UK, as there was a really bad fire at the Bilsdale Transmitter. I was without TV for over a fortnight - just got channels back last week. I have had to retune the TV several times - this is when I discovered the channel SkyArts.

• External Content music.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

😭

• At the moment Pink Floyd are on at Earls Court 1994. Includes tracks from Dark Side of the Moon. I love this album.

from the Division Bell tour? Stunning. The light show for Comfortably Numb on that tour is mind-blowing. The played DSoTM completely and apparently did approach Roger Waters about joining them but he was still being a massive bollocks about the whole thing.

• They have lots of good stuff on there. The Yes programme is part of the Classic Artists series, and the others, Jethro Tull and the Moody Blues have both been on recently. All are (were) available on DVD, I have the Moodies one.

I can record the Genesis docu tonight, and upload the recording to a filesharing site, if anyone would like it. Can't edit the ads, etc, I have record but not edit facilities.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• from the Division Bell tour? Stunning. The light show for Comfortably Numb on that tour is mind-blowing. The played DSoTM completely and apparently did approach Roger Waters about joining them but he was still being a massive bollocks about the whole thing.

Yes, I believe it was from the Division Bell tour.

Pink Floyd: PULSE

• They have lots of good stuff on there. The Yes programme is part of the Classic Artists series, and the others, Jethro Tull and the Moody Blues have both been on recently. All are (were) available on DVD, I have the Moodies one.

I can record the Genesis docu tonight, and upload the recording to a filesharing site, if anyone would like it. Can't edit the ads, etc, I have record but not edit facilities.

Loads of good stuff. Really pleased I found the channel.

Hopefully I'll record it tonight :thumbup:

Just noticed Phil is on afterwards: Phil Collins: Going Back To Detroit

• Great song by Tears for Fears, with PC on the drums.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Quoting myself, but only to highlight said recording:

https://www.mediafire.com/file…+Last+Domino+docu.ts/file

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I've ordered a few CDs (mostly reissues) that are waiting in the queue to be played:

GTR (with live extra cd), Greenslade (2 albums), Marillion (live at RAH 2 cd), Apocalypse live in Rio, Arena The Visitor live, John Lennon Power to the people, the Kinks Lola vs the powerman and moneygoround to name a few.

Been trying to play the whole 26 CDs of the King Crimson 1969 box but it's not a quick listen.

Not my usual fare. Pretty over the top. But I enjoyed it.

• Wow! Thanks for that! I had no idea! I am currently working my way through purchasing all the Jethro Tull albums. What a great band they were (are - there will be a new album next year called The Zealot Gene).

Jethro Tull were an amazing band. The problem with the 'new' JT is that Martin Barre is no longer in the band; for that matter, the only original member is Ian Anderson, and his inflated ego has turned me off any new stuff. There are numerous bands that are led by inflated egos that over the years have refused to let previous band members rejoin the group, and this to me is very distasteful. Bands I'd love to see get back together are

Martin Barre with Jethro Tull

Roger Waters with Pink Floyd

Dennis DeYoung with Styx

Jon Anderson with YES

Steve Perry with Journey

Don Felder with The Eagles

Lindsey Buckingham with Fleetwood Mac

These bands are all still playing live shows; maybe not Pink Floyd, but these guys were, in my opinion, part of the lifeblood of the band. Without them, the music has suffered, as have their many fans.

• And they ask me while I’ll be royally p*ssed if we don’t get Supper’s Ready on this tour because Nic has complained about how difficult it is to play.

External Content youtu.be

• I know you're right about both Barre & Anderson. But Don Felder with what now calls itself 'Eagles'? He's better off out of it. What originally happened with his firing was unpleasant, but I took Frey & Henley's side at the time. Now that Frey is no longer with us and Henley still persists with the sham, it tends to confirm Felder's views. Anyway....

Regarding Fleetwood Mac I saw them with Buckingham, and had an entire song which he played directly to me (ironically it was the Stevie Nicks solo song Stand Back). I cherish the memory, bizarre though it was. I have also seen the new lineup with Neil Finn & Mike Campbell and I enjoyed it for what it was worth. They are better with Buckingham.

Jeez I'd love to hear Tony Banks playing this.

• I think without Wright, Pink Floyd should stay dead. It was never just Gilmour and Waters. Wearing The Inside Out is hard proof of that. As was SOYCD of course.

I'd add Butler to Suede to your list... If they hadn't had 25 brilliant years after he left.

All alone in space and time...