What are you listening to right now?

• Genesis - Live on the Radio

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Have not got any Leonard Cohen stuff. I've pretty much got a lot of the Essential series from bands I like that would never buy their albums.

Generally much prefer to listen to the best hits from a band or artist if possible. That is of coarse I like them but don't care if I have any of their music to collect. :)

So the Essential series suits me quite a lot!... So I might check this album out!....;)

The Essential LC is a comprehensive set. It is all you need, given that it contains classics like Hallelujah, Suzanne, So Long Marianne, Democracy, The Future and First We Take Manhattan. The only other song I have by him is Memories from the Death Of A Ladies' Man album.

He was a great songwriter, but for me his records are marred by an over-reliance on female backing singers and the word 'beauty'. ( one example being 'Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya' - Hallelujah).

• Have not got any Leonard Cohen stuff. I've pretty much got a lot of the Essential series from bands I like that would never buy their albums.

Generally much prefer to listen to the best hits from a band or artist if possible. That is of coarse I like them but don't care if I have any of their music to collect. :)

So the Essential series suits me quite a lot!... So I might check this album out!....;)

It's a great album. I'm sure you will enjoy it :thumbup:

• The Essential LC is a comprehensive set. It is all you need, given that it contains classics like Hallelujah, Suzanne, So Long Marianne, Democracy, The Future and First We Take Manhattan. The only other song I have by him is Memories from the Death Of A Ladies' Man album.

He was a great songwriter, but for me his records are marred by an over-reliance on female backing singers and the word 'beauty'. ( one example being 'Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya' - Hallelujah).

It's a great album. I'm sure you will enjoy it :thumbup:

Just got this today, will listen over the weekend :)

• Their debut album. Six By Six(2022)

New Prog album by 3 various artists.

Robert Berry(Bass and Keys) - Formed a band called Emerson, Berry and Palmer

Ian Crichton(Guitar) - Saga

Nigel Glockler(Drummer) - Saxon

• Hellfire by black midi(2022)

Top rated album by Prog/Archives of 2022 so far.

Gotta say, not sure what the fuss is about. Pretty average to me!.....:(

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• Already had a digital copy but was given this vinyl version as part of an anniversary gift. Another five more vinyl on it's way as part of this gift:)

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Those vinyls can be pretty expensive.

Yeah, I went vinyl shopping at a couple of record shops last weekend and came home with nothing. No way I'm going to pay upwards of 40 to 50 dollars for a record. Even used albums were 20 dollars. I'll stick with digital and Blu-Ray. It's hard because I do want to support the local record shops.

• Yeah, I went vinyl shopping at a couple of record shops last weekend and came home with nothing. No way I'm going to pay upwards of 40 to 50 dollars for a record. Even used albums were 20 dollars. I'll stick with digital and Blu-Ray. It's hard because I do want to support the local record shops.

Most of our local record dealers have closed down now. You need to either go to Toronto or Montreal to get the music we like!....;)

Amazon is the only other source to buy music with a postage and packaging charge added on top. Becomes really expensive once all things considered.

Back in the 70s, I used to buy albums for a £1.00. Singles were much cheaper at .50 pence

• Just stumbled across this on YouTube. This is freakin’ Grade A, 100%, kick-ass awesome, featuring discussion board member Dodo on keyboards.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.