What are you listening to right now?

• Funny, I played a bit of this the other day. A very "half and half" album. The Dark, the title track, Too Much Love, Nothin' But Blue, Lost Horizon and Just one life are great, the rest is awful. IMO! ;)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Funny, I played a bit of this the other day. A very "half and half" album. The Dark, the title track, Too Much Love, Nothin' But Blue, Lost Horizon and Just one life are great, the rest is awful. IMO! ;)

Sorry you don't like it all ... Have you listened to the following ...

• Beautiful space opera vibes here

External Content music.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've been listening to my Van Morrison albums in the car. He just is not a 'car' artist. Some of the later albums with tracks that go on forever with his self-indulgent vocalising have not aged well. He is best when he keeps it simple (which tells you that yes, I prefer Moondance to Astral Weeks). His recent anti vaxxer political stance has not helped my opinion of him.

• Proggy goodness, culminating in a final 30 seconds I swear is borrowed from one of the Genesis drum duets.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I had to drive 20 minutes home from work this morning cos my daughter forgot her lunch for school. Before I headed back out to bring it and go back to work, I stopped to listen to Mama!

I'm glad I did. It was a good reset to my morning.

• I've been listening to my Van Morrison albums in the car. He just is not a 'car' artist. Some of the later albums with tracks that go on forever with his self-indulgent vocalising have not aged well. He is best when he keeps it simple (which tells you that yes, I prefer Moondance to Astral Weeks). His recent anti vaxxer political stance has not helped my opinion of him.

I have the live version of “Caravan” from The Last Waltz on the playlist I listen to while mowing the lawn. It’s freakin’ awesome. And for some reason it just occurred to me I probably should have “I Know What I Like” on that playlist too. I guess it’s so on the nose I forgot about it lol.

• watching the YouTube Jeff beck tribute concert at RAH that were truly incredible, what musicians!

External Content www.youtube.com

• Mike Oldfield's 50th Anniversary in HD

Great concert!...

• 25 years old today 🥹

External Content music.youtube.com

• I just made a stereo downmix of the 5.1 remix of Foxtrot, so am listening to that (the stereo remix on the SACD is unlistenable to me, it makes my ears bleed). Very revealing, I'm sure many others have done this before me, but I'm enjoying listening to it now!