The Genesis Trivia Quiz

• I know the answer but for family reasons I am away the next two days and won’t be able to set a decent question. If no one has it by Sunday I’ll have a go. What I will say is it’s a horrible cover and Genesis were right to refuse it!

• 'It spawned their 3rd No.1 which was also their last hit.'

Ah yes..got it then..definitely not an album cover would associate with genesis! And one of the few bands to have 3 number 1s sung by different vocalists (i think! )

• 'It spawned their 3rd No.1 which was also their last hit.'

Ah yes..got it then..definitely not an album cover would associate with genesis! And one of the few bands to have 3 number 1s sung by different vocalists (i think! )

Ah right... I think I've got it now. I never thought about the 3 vocalists thing! I don't feel I should answer as like you I've only cottoned on thanks to the "3rd number 1" clue. I reckon Thelawnmower should do the honours having thought of it first.

I quite like the cover, it's amusing but no it absolutely wouldn't have suited W&W. However its number 1 single is one of the worst songs that band ever did.

Abandon all reason

• Well thank you Backdrifter, I'm about to set off for two or three days so rather than hold the job up I'll have a go at a question, which I'm sure will be far too easy for many on this forum, but might intrigue some, I hope.

Firstly, the album in question is Bloody Tourists by 10CC and the cover is not a patch on Wind and Wuthering, which beautifully compliments one of Genesis' finest.

Now for the question, which is off the top of my head, apologies for it maybe being too easy for some and I hope it is correct!

Which former Genesis member has recorded, following his departure, studio tracks or demos with four other band members?

Good luck!

• Supplemental question about Dreadlock Holiday, just for fun: The song was inspired by an incident that happened to Eric Stewart and …….. Who? Their families were on holiday together in Jamaica.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Supplemental question about Dreadlock Holiday, just for fun: The song was inspired by an incident that happened to Eric Stewart and …….. Who? Their families were on holiday together in Jamaica.

I don't know this one and in the proper spirit of quizzing I'm not going to look it up!

On his radio show Danny Baker did quiz questions and tried as far as possible to make them non-lookuppable, as he felt quizzes had been somewhat spoilt by people just googling the questions. On one occasion he played some applause and asked where it was from, adding that it's one of the most famous and widely-heard bits of applause in the world. Someone actually got it right and identified it as the applause greeting 'Billy Shears' in the bridge between Sgt Pepper and With A Little Help! He asked how on earth she got it, she said there's a little whoop from the crowd that gave it away. It was impressive as it was just the 'naked' applause from the EMI sound effects disc used in the song.

That's how to do a quiz.

By the way, 10cc eh? What a great band they were, less so after Godley and Creme left - there was a certain slightly edgy smartness that went with them. The title track of How Dare You, which I think was one of theirs, is one of my favourites.

Abandon all reason

• Which former Genesis member has recorded, following his departure, studio tracks or demos with four other band members?

That would have to be Ant. He's recorded with Mike, Phil, Steve & John Silver.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• Justin Hayward was with Gouldman when ran into a spot of trouble in the Caribbean

Justin Hayward is correct, though it was Eric, as I said, not Graham. And it was Barbados, not Jamaica as I said.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Maybe I’m wrong but John Silver wasn’t one of the four I had!

There's a demo on Ant's ARCHIVE COLLECTION VOL. 2 that features Silver.

If there's any other Genesis member that Ant's recorded with, since leaving Genesis, besides the four I named, I don't know about it!

• Do I get credit for answering correctly since I said Ant, or do I have to name all five members? If it's the latter, I'll let someone else respond.