The Genesis Trivia Quiz

• OK well in recognition of your impressive linkages there I'll give you that. I was thinking of the more prosaic: Carry On Matron starred Barbara Windsor, who appeared in Eastenders (long-running BBC soap for anyone here who doesn't know) alongside Larry Lamb, who appeared in the film Buster alongside Phil Collins, who has at times been a member of Genesis (for anyone here who didn't know that either).

I took the motorway and a couple of A-roads but fair do's to you for choosing the scenic route.

You do realise we're now back to you for the next question. C'mon everyone, join in, don't let just a few of us hog it!

Just as an aside based on that answer: 2 other links: Barbara Windsor rented a room in Lionel Bart's house for a while, he wrote Oliver! in which Phil appeared on stage. OR: Barbara rented a room in Lionel's house, along with Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues, who once auditioned Genesis to be on their Threshold label. There are probably dozens of other similar links. Gonna go a long way to beat thefarmer's though!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Carry On Matron starred Bernard Breslaw as Ernie Bragg who later went on to play Cyclops ( that's Bernard Breslaw not Ernie Bragg who was fictional) in the fantasy Krull directed by Peter Yates who also directed the classic Bullitt staring Steve McQueen who starred in the fantastic The Great Escape and The Magnificent Seven both also starring Charles Bronson who starred in Death Wish which was directed by Michael Winner who also directed The 1983 re make of The Wicked Lady which had a soundtrack by Tony Banks who is also a member of Genesis.😁

That's like, what, 6-7 degrees of separation? I can't keep track. :D

• But those are totally different titles! They bear absolutely no resemblance to each other.

I wouldn't say they're totally different titles. Only one word different. To say they bear absolutely no resemblance to each other is complete ignorance...or were you just kidding?

• I wouldn't say they're totally different titles. Only one word different. To say they bear absolutely no resemblance to each other is complete ignorance...or were you just kidding?

Steady on old chap. Yes I was joking. I didn't include a winking emoji or something to soften it. But I'd have hoped you wouldn't think I was THAT much of a nitpicking berk!

Abandon all reason

• Steady on old chap. Yes I was joking. I didn't include a winking emoji or something to soften it. But I'd have hoped you wouldn't think I was THAT much of a nitpicking berk!

I didn't think you were that type of guy. That's why I added the 'kidding' bit. The winking emoji would have prevented that ^^ Sorry for the outburst, my friend :)

• Steady on old chap. Yes I was joking. I didn't include a winking emoji or something to soften it. But I'd have hoped you wouldn't think I was THAT much of a nitpicking berk!

Dont worry I rarely take much seriously , but I really did leave my thinking head in the cupboard. . It's still there . O was going to put it on but it's beginning to smell a.bit mildewy..

• Yep. July 18, 1986. Hard to believe they only had the one.

Your turn :)

It is hard to believe. So many songs play regularly on the radio to this day, but I guess IT seemed to happen at just the right time.

*Gulp* alright so my turn for a question... Here it goes. What unusual thing do Ripples and I Don't Care Anymore have in common from a live performance perspective?