The Genesis Trivia Quiz

• Is it most songs on side 1 of an album and most on side 2 perhaps - clutching at straws again ( as he goes into the cupboard to pull out vinyls for the 10th time )

one has 10 and one has 11 for the full LP

These LPs probably will have edge wear by the time I’m finished pulling them out !!

Edited 2 times, last by Wayne ().

• I’m thinking songs about animals only on these two LPs

dodos lambs and cuckoos but I’m probably wrong again , mind you Raven is on the lamb

So it can’t be that answer either !!. I give up

• Further hint #1: "Dodo/Lurker" is counted as one song (or one "track" if you prefer).

Further hint #2: The situation in question might happen a few times in any given artist's LP discography; it just happens twice in Genesis's.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• I still can’t get it , whatever it is I thank you for making me think and while I’m at it I cleaned my LPs on the machine and put them in MFSL sleeves. !!

I actually wonder if you put this question to a band member would they get the answer I doubt it !.

• Ummmm...Side 1 of each album has a guest artist?; whereas side 2 doesn't? :/

No Reply At All has Earth, Wind and Fire horns

In The Cage and Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging has vocal tratments by Brian Eno

• Am actually pondering this as I'm drifting to sleep..so the question was specifically about vinyl . Heres a guess but am too knackered to check it out and too busy tomorrow. _-------

I always wondered exactly where dodo finished and lurker started. When I only had vinyl I thought BMO1974 started at the dramatic music but the CD showed it was still FOAW. I never ever popped the needle down on the track to check and not checking now. So is it anything to do with differences on the starting place of the the two songs on vinyl and CD.

• That’s a great suggestion but then could there be some doubt as to where Duchess begins or is it definitely at the end of the drum machine passage and parts of sides three and four of The Lamb blend a bit

• That’s a great suggestion but then could there be some doubt as to where Duchess begins or is it definitely at the end of the drum machine passage and parts of sides three and four of The Lamb blend a bit

And also, why would it be both sides of Abacab with all track breaks on side 1, and only LP1 of Lamb which has crossfades all through both LPs. But hey I think we're all scrabbling around for the simple answer!

When I only had vinyl I thought BMO1974 started at the dramatic music but the CD showed it was still FOAW.

Yeah the CD thing was a manufacturing error that persisted. I think it programmed BM74 as just the little tranquil coda before Cuckoo.

Abandon all reason

• Yeah the CD thing was a manufacturing error that persisted. I think it programmed BM74 as just the little tranquil coda before Cuckoo.

On my CD BMO74 starts bang on the word Echoes, I didn't get the CD of Lamb until 2007. For 30 years I always thought FOTW finished at the word freeway! Still makes more sense, can't shift the impression that the next song starts at freeway.

• On the Lamb LP, fly on a windshield and Broadway melody are listed as separate tracks on the label but are a single track on the vinyl. On Abacab, the same is true of Dodo and Lurker.

^ I was just going to say that. Two "songs" not separated by an empty groove.

Is it to do with the physical vinyl album itself

Everyone's forgetting or didn't notice that DecomposingMan said you don't need to physically look at the LPs, just to "look carefully" at the track listings on Wikipedia.

Abandon all reason