The Genesis Trivia Quiz

• Is it the inter relationship between fly on a windshield and Broadway melody of 74 and Dodo and Lurker on side two being two separate songs but joined I don’t know worth a shot

• Is it the inter relationship between fly on a windshield and Broadway melody of 74 and Dodo and Lurker on side two being two separate songs but joined I don’t know worth a shot

Though it wouldn't square with it only being LP1 of Lamb, as you could say the same thing about Light Dies Down and Scree, and all the other joined/crossfaded tracks throughout the album, plus Abacab side 1 is somehow involved. But yes we're all reaching for anything at this stage.

Would anyone care to join me in calling on DecomposingMan to just tell us? But I'd understand if people want to go all Mrs Doyle ("NO CLUES!") and insist on getting the answer no matter how long it takes. (I don't suppose the answer is 'Father Todd Unctious'?)

It's just that I'm starting to think correctly answering this simple question is going to last longer than coronavirus.

Abandon all reason

• Maybe another week of pondering and we will get it, I only hope that it isn’t something that far into the ether no one would have a chance of getting it , I vote keep it running and if the answer is forthcoming the another question can be put to us all.

What amazes me is that none of you have got it, even though clues have been provided. I can only pay my dues to DecomposingMan for thinking up such a question.

• i think may have already had this answer..and not sure fits the clues but...

The singles were released in order as on the album?...so abacab first single ...no reply at all 2nd single and so on

Same for The Lamb

• i think may have already had this answer..and not sure fits the clues but...

The singles were released in order as on the album?...so abacab first single ...no reply at all 2nd single and so on

Same for The Lamb

I think it'd have to be strictly US releases for that to work, which doesn't rule it out admittedly. What do you think were the Lamb singles?

Abandon all reason

• Wow, I really didn't think this would be such a hard question. I guess my mind really works differently from other people's.

Once again, it's really simple. No knowledge needed beyond what's shown in Wikipedia on the Track Listings. The same thing occurs occasionally -- i.e., less than half the time -- on other artist's albums as well.

Next hint: The answer focuses on Side 1 of Lamb & Side 2 of Abacab.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• Would anyone care to join me in calling on DecomposingMan to just tell us? But I'd understand if people want to go all Mrs Doyle ("NO CLUES!") and insist on getting the answer no matter how long it takes. (I don't suppose the answer is 'Father Todd Unctious'?)

yes! I'm sure we've had ten guesses (wasn't that the rule?), think it's time to put us out of our misery! (Figure of speech, I've enjoyed the hunt for the answer!)

Edit: ok there's a new clue. Maybe keep going a little.

• yes! I'm sure we've had ten guesses (wasn't that the rule?), think it's time to put us out of our misery! (Figure of speech, I've enjoyed the hunt for the answer!)

Edit: ok there's a new clue. Maybe keep going a little.

OK, if the next guess isn't right I'll give the answer.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• the first and last tracks of each of those sides share the same number of words?

the lamb lies down on broadway - 6

the grand parade of lifeless packaging - 6

dodo lurker - 2

another record -2

???

• Yeah the CD thing was a manufacturing error that persisted. I think it programmed BM74 as just the little tranquil coda before Cuckoo.

On my CD BMO74 starts bang on the word Echoes . I didn't get the a cd until 2007 so spent 30 years thinking it started just after the word freeway, which still to me makes more sense. I guess after so many years it won't shift in my head now. I did buy Archives when it came out I assume it's the same I never bothered looking.

• I don't think I've ever thought about a set of songs so hard in my life.

Output: zero, niente, diddlysquat, nil, bupkes.

A bottle of prosseco, or whiskey or something to the askerer if we could arrange it!

A bottle of prosseco, or whiskey or something to the askerer if we could arrange it!

Sounds like it has driven you to drink!:):)

Anyway. I think for the rest of this thread the correct answerer should be the title next askerer.

• I've been looking at the track listings on wikipedia, as suggested. Both of the sides in question have just one song highlighted in blue, as those were singles?

I wondered that but I think it's to do with it being vinyl so something regarding the sides? Maybe you're right.

• This is the question that has stumped us most so far. I can't even keep track of all the guesses!

When the answer is revealed it had better be bloody good. If it isn't the Genesis equivalent of unlocking the secrets of the universe I'm going to be furious.

Abandon all reason