The Genesis Trivia Quiz

• When the answer is revealed it had better be bloody good. If it isn't the Genesis equivalent of unlocking the secrets of the universe I'm going to be furious.

Well, I'm afraid you're going to be furious then...

Should I go ahead and reveal now?

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• When the answer is revealed it had better be bloody good. If it isn't the Genesis equivalent of unlocking the secrets of the universe I'm going to be furious.

Like the scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark? :)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• OK, well, this is going to seem really anticlimactic...

LAMB (LP 1) and ABACAB are the only Genesis LPs where the longest track is on the side with the most tracks!

"In the Cage" is on Side 1 of LAMB, with 6 tracks (vs. 5 for Side 2).

"Dodo/Lurker" is on Side 2 of ABACAB, with 5 tracks (vs. 4 for Side 1).

Now for what I hope is a better question:

Twice in Genesis' discography, a title reveals a very specific thing about the song itself. What are the two titles? (Hint: They're in different Genesis eras.)

• Mind. Blown.

Is one of the tracks Los Endos. It's the end/last song.

And Abacab, for the song structure (even though it's a different structure apparently).

• Wow. Great question. Hidden in plain sight.

For the new question: is it Apocalypse in 9/8 (time signature) and ABACAB (chord sequence)?

• That was a great question. Really annoyed I didn't see it.

• Wow. Great question. Hidden in plain sight.

For the new question: is it Apocalypse in 9/8 (time signature) and ABACAB (chord sequence)?

You are half right.

I guess I wasn't totally clear on this: Both titles give the same type of information.

• Well, they are the longest songs on their respective album sides, but that seems too simple. They are also the last songs on their respective album sides - also seems too simple. I'm pretty sure Mike doesn't play cello on MMM, so it's not that.

• Great answers so far, but I'm looking for something a bit more straightforward!

Hint: there are lots of other songs like these throughout the rest of the Genesis catalogue, and it arguably doesn't apply to all of Supper's Ready

• I'm mainly noticing how much these two songs don't have in common. Does it have anything to do with who performs what in the songs?