Toyah (Willcox)

• Official Post

Since she sang on a Backs track - is anyone familar with her solo work and can recommend an album to start with?

• Hi Christian.

I'm partial to The Changeling - very moody, gothic and inventive, with a punk streak IIRC - it's been a while. I bought it on cassette tape in 1983, haven't heard it in a few years, but :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In another style, this recent, feelgood tune is very good (complete with spoken intro by a little known musician and guitarist :P) :

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Lazlor ().

• Official Post

Thx, will try to dive in!

• Have you seen the (totally bonkers) 'Toyah & Robert's Sunday Lunch' series of short films?

• Toyah and Robert do Rammstein:

External Content youtu.be

Robert gets Sunday and Samstag (Saturday) mixed up.

• Good grief. Mr FIC was telling me I should watch some of those. Having just become a huge Rammstein fan, it was funny to see that.

The original video has them in fat suts. Not for everybody.

• Toyah and Robert do Rammstein:

External Content youtu.be

Robert gets Sunday and Samstag (Saturday) mixed up.

I notice they have one of those drying frames that lower from the ceiling, just like an aunt of mine had in the 1970's! :)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Hi,

OK I am two years late to answer Christians original post on Toyah. But I was a fan of hers back when she started. I think 'Toyah' was also meant to represent the name of the band at first. But for me the first two albums were great. Sheep Farming and Blue Meaning. The later has the track 'Ieya' coming in at 8 minutes long. Its not prog by any stretch. But I still love that track. I lost interest in her after these two abums but when Tony Banks worked with her in the mid 80s it resparked my interest in her. And I still play those two early albums today.

I do watch Toyah and Fripps Sunday madness. Bonkers both of them. But lots of fun.

Cheers, Nigel