• This is inspired by Genesis1964, who listened to Unitopia`s first album today.

:)

Once upon a time there was a band in Australia called Unitopia. They had a huge man in the band, who would sing. The music they did was classic symphonic prog and they liked a bit of Genesis, too. They did three proper albums, called More Than A Dream (2005), The Garden (2008) and Artificial (2010). They became big time in the prog rock scene in Europe and even came up from down under to do gigs in Europe in 2011. I saw one of these gigs in Reichenbach in 2011 (actually one day after the show in Zoetermeer, which is available on dvd) and it was simply mind blowing. I sang along with them to Carpet Crawlers and The Garden. Mark Trueack promised to keep recording new stuff and coming back. But that was not precisely true. The band recorded a further album of covers in 2012 and then disbanded.

Some of the core members founded a new group called United Progressive Fraternity. And they also have an album out called Fall In Love With The World.

I do not know this one. Did Genesis1964, Noni, Ned Flanders123, or CountingOutTime ever listen to it? And if so: was it enjoyable? I am hungry for answers...

First we learned to walk on water.

Then we tried something harder.

- Red Seven -

• Have this album Slowdancer.. It was good.. ;)

Some of the core members founded a new group called United Progressive Fraternity. And they also have an album out called Fall In Love With The World.

Own 3 albums by Unitopia..... More then a Dream, Artificial and Covered Mirror Vol 1

• It is a superb album and very much similar to Unitopia particularly in the 21 minute track.. Also if you haven't heard of them Southern Empire is Sean Timm's project and well worth a listen too.

• Have this album Slowdancer.. It was good.. ;)

Own 3 albums by Unitopia..... More then a Dream, Artificial and Covered Mirror Vol 1

You mean to tell me that you haven't got the superb double The garden CD? How about the Live in Europe?

• Are you also aware that the first album has been remastered and out as a 3 CD box set containing some other music from their time with the Colossus Project (I have all of their albums) and demos, unreleased and different versions?

• Are you also aware that the first album has been remastered and out as a 3 CD box set containing some other music from their time with the Colossus Project (I have all of their albums) and demos, unreleased and different versions?

yes, i have read that. I remember it, because I had bought the last available copy of the first edition of the first album from the merch desk back in the day...

First we learned to walk on water.

Then we tried something harder.

- Red Seven -

• I have United Progressive Fraternity and Southern Empire and also the 3 cd version of More Than A Dream - all good of course

“Without music, life would be a mistake”