Steve Hackett - On Track, every album, every song

• Steve is the latest artist to be made a subject of one of these books, details here: https://burningshed.com/store/…eve-hackett-on-track_book though that link is for the hardback (and signed by the author).

The author is Geoffrey Feakes, whose other books in this series are the Moody Blues (I have that one) and the Who.

That looks ideal for the completist.

Presumably you’ll be getting a copy as a Xmas present? ;)

• Not sure what is happening with this book. Release date was put back again to the 4th June and then to the 11th June and now Amazon just says it is not available at the moment.

The good news is there is a Peter Gabriel On Track book coming out soon, well hope it will be soon :)

• My burning shed copy was delivered a couple of weeks back. Pretty good so far, I'm up to Midsummer nights dream. Author is Geoffrey Feakes, and he also did the Moody Blues one. It was spot on, but there are a couple of mistakes I've spotted so far. Can't remember what one of them was, but the other was that the Stepp Digital Guitar made it's debut on an album of Steve's on Guitar Nior. Not so. It was used on Momentum, most notably on Concert For Munich. It was also the highlight of the tour for that album.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Official Post

My burning shed copy was delivered a couple of weeks back. Pretty good so far, I'm up to Midsummer nights dream. Author is Geoffrey Feakes, and he also did the Moody Blues one. It was spot on, but there are a couple of mistakes I've spotted so far. Can't remember what one of them was, but the other was that the Stepp Digital Guitar made it's debut on an album of Steve's on Guitar Nior. Not so. It was used on Momentum, most notably on Concert For Munich. It was also the highlight of the tour for that album.

ah - so the acoustic and classical albums are included then. Wasn't sure about that!

• They are, up to and including Under a Med Sky!

If only they'd hung on then it could've also captured the rage, joy, demons, dreams, nightmares, flames, locust storms, howling shrieks, boiling custard, exploding unicorns and universe-vapourising eyeball-melting armageddon of the new album.

Abandon all reason

• If only they'd hung on then it could've also captured the rage, joy, demons, dreams, nightmares, flames, locust storms, howling shrieks, boiling custard, exploding unicorns and universe-vapourising eyeball-melting armageddon of the new album.

I'm sure it has, cos it covers Wolflight, The Night Siren and At the Edge of Light. ^^

It pains me to say it, for a New Hackett album used to be the highlight of the year for me, but since BTSH, sadly, it seems he is stuck in a rut, maybe even a tunnel!

Ian

• Official Post

I purchased, a couple months ago, the Genesis On Track book. I haven’t finished it yet, not overly impressed however, and I’m not sure he even got all his facts correct. Basically a book just written by a fan. Ok for a quick little read I guess.

• I'd say Wolflight, while not as good as Shrouded Horizons, is one or two notches above the two rock albums that followed it. For several years I didn't care for it, either, but it has grown on me a lot. You probably have to be in the right mood to appreciate it, I don't know.

• I'd say Wolflight, while not as good as Shrouded Horizons, is one or two notches above the two rock albums that followed it. For several years I didn't care for it, either, but it has grown on me a lot. You probably have to be in the right mood to appreciate it, I don't know.

I would agree Wolflight is better than the 2 followers, probably as it was not like anything else before it, The other 2, however......................... :)

Ian