Lack of Archival Releases or expanded editions

• Very true. And I do think that as fans of the band we should be grateful that unlike certain other artists Genesis has never been obsessed with blocking either studio recordings or bootlegs on YouTube. I just listened to the Detroit 1977 show over the weekend and it sounded great.

It (slightly) makes up for the paucity of official releases.

• It (slightly) makes up for the paucity of official releases.

Personally I’m perfectly fine with the live stuff available for free on YouTube. Maybe it’s an age thing. Not sure how old you are, but I’ll be 61 at the end of the month. I grew up listening to crappy bootlegs and was happy to hear the music, despite the substandard sound quality (for example, the bootleg album I owned of the 1982 reunion show). Now, much of the bootleg material on YouTube is far superior to any unofficial live stuff I was able to get my hands on “back in the day.”

• Personally I’m perfectly fine with the live stuff available for free on YouTube. Maybe it’s an age thing. Not sure how old you are, but I’ll be 61 at the end of the month. I grew up listening to crappy bootlegs and was happy to hear the music, despite the substandard sound quality (for example, the bootleg album I owned of the 1982 reunion show). Now, much of the bootleg material on YouTube is far superior to any unofficial live stuff I was able to get my hands on “back in the day.”

Coincidentally I'm 61. I agree there's a lot of good stuff on YouTube but I think that given Genesis' prominence in the pantheon of British rock, they haven't put much out officially. As I have laboured the point in other threads, what I want most is a blu ray or 4k of the When in Rome 2007 concert. This is a fair compilation of the band's oeuvre and should appeal to fans of both classical and pop eras.