Possible Gabriel cameos in the future?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Listened to this lovely interview with Mike Rutherford, and in it he discusses the inevitable question of why PG isn't involved in the tour. What surprised me is how positive Mike sounded about the potential for Gabriel to be involved in the reunion at some future point - perhaps for a cameo. He even says something along the lines of "well let's get part one out of the way first and see how we do" - it seemed almost as if they have already discussed the possibility? (I really liked the mention of the band doing Zoom catch up calls as well - it really seemed like the band are closer than ever)

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Listened to this lovely interview with Mike Rutherford, and in it he discusses the inevitable question of why PG isn't involved in the tour. What surprised me is how positive Mike sounded about the potential for Gabriel to be involved in the reunion at some future point - perhaps for a cameo. He even says something along the lines of "well let's get part one out of the way first and see how we do" - it seemed almost as if they have already discussed the possibility? (I really liked the mention of the band doing Zoom catch up calls as well - it really seemed like the band are closer than ever)

It would be great. Get part one out of the way then they'll be free to sort something out with PG. They can push ahead and just do it quickly. So 2025 or 2026 looks a cert. Providing there's no unexpected hold ups. Get it done before they're in their 80s anyway. Probably.

• Would be great..i guess a cameo would solve any issue about set lists..so he could do a few old numbers. PG has kept his distance but he may be game for it..after all he did tour with Sting ..so clearly more relaxed!

• Official Post

Mike has always been positive about these things - never rule anything out. And I mean - why not? If it doesn't happen, it wasn't his "fault".

As I wrote elsewhere: I believe* Steve and Peter will appear somewhere during the tour (if that happens) and they will do one last track together as a five piece on stage. Only problem: when and where?

* this is only an assumption!

• Mike has always been positive about these things - never rule anything out. And I mean - why not? If it doesn't happen, it wasn't his "fault".

As I wrote elsewhere: I believe* Steve and Peter will appear somewhere during the tour (if that happens) and they will do one last track together as a five piece on stage. Only problem: when and where?

* this is only an assumption!

Interesting you say that - I did get a feeling that maybe they already have something like planned from the way he spoke about it. I didn't want to say that because it was only a feeling. Fingers crossed!

• I hope something will happen. But the band and Peter have been "not ruling anything out" for decades now, and nothing has happened.

So personally I'm not holding my breath

• Official Post

of course it's unlikely, but that's the whole idea about not ruling things out. Imagine they'd say we'll do it - and then nothing happens.

• My mind is now racing with all the things the band haven't ruled out.

To my knowledge they haven't ruled out gathering together every living ex-member to perform a 2-hour extended Who Dunnit on gamelan, zither and javanese temple blocks with vocals in medieval plainsong. After all, never say never.

(This is where someone comes in to say that no, there was in fact an interview where they specifically ruled that out).

Abandon all reason

• Have they ruled out being the first band to play on the moon? My money's on a full performance of the lamb under a large dome on which a specially commissioned animated feature will project.

Watch this space!