Genesis - Mobile Fidelity why only one?.

• A Trick of The Tail on MFSL sounds absolutely astounding, having owned this album for many years and never tiring of it or the incredible sound does anyone know why they stopped at one album?. It seems such a shame to me that they didn’t do the same with the first five albums as they did such a good job.

• A Trick of The Tail on MFSL sounds absolutely astounding, having owned this album for many years and never tiring of it or the incredible sound does anyone know why they stopped at one album?. It seems such a shame to me that they didn’t do the same with the first five albums as they did such a good job.

You can go off some people easily you know. Why didn't I know this existed. ??? !!! So now I have find it and fork out for it.

• It definitely is worth getting also if you like Yes Close to the Edge on the same label is equally as good. I have been into these type of pressings for a long time and although they are expensive to buy on the used market - ie, the Alan Parsons Project UHQR of I Robot, they are well worth getting. The site above does seem to have some at good prices and equally some at high prices but this album for sure sounds brilliant.

• I’d personally go the USA route and ask if they can send as a gift to you, it’s a great album but £140 is a lot of money for it. No matter what it sounds like. Obviously the original album is good sound quality but this pressing really is something else on a good turntable but I think 140 is a lot of money. Saying that though I’m thinking of paying £175 for the new Aqualung UHQR!.

there are a few on eBay at the moment one ending in a few hours which is here in the uk and looks mint

this on eBay

Genesis ‎ A Trick Of The Tail Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab MFSL1-062

Edited 3 times, last by Wayne ().

• I’d personally go the USA route and ask if they can send as a gift to you, it’s a great album but £140 is a lot of money for it. No matter what it sounds like. Obviously the original album is good sound quality but this pressing really is something else on a good turntable but I think 140 is a lot of money. Saying that though I’m thinking of paying £175 for the new Aqualung UHQR!.

there are a few on eBay at the moment one ending in a few hours which is here in the uk and looks mint

this on eBay

Genesis ‎ A Trick Of The Tail Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab MFSL1-062

I don't that comfortable buying second hand stuff from abroad . If stuff doesn't match match up to description in terms of quality I worry about how easy or not is to send back. I suppose it's ok through pay Pal . What do you mean about sending it as a gift?

• If they send as a gift you don’t have to pay import duty from USA if they specify value for example $10 and minimum postage then you won’t get stung with import duty and charges. I once bought a Gibson dobro acoustic from the States and the import duty made my eyes water !!

Ideally buy from the EU if it’s a good price to save all the hassle but if a considerable saving from the USA may work out cheaper If you have a seller whom is prepared to negotiate. I bought Rick Wakeman Journey MFSL and a few others via the USA Discogs.

• Am definitely gonna try and get this sometime. Have been looking around and it looks like the USA is the place to get it. I could get it shipped to my niece who lives near Olympia, WA. Some sellers are saying all inserts included but even discogs don't seem to make it clear what these are. If I'm going to spend good money I'd like the complete thing .Do you know what the complete inserts should be?

• The same as that one on eBay basically you get a MFSL publicity insert which is usually the same size as the LP , telling you about the wonders of their recordings. You don’t really get that much. I’ll check mine later. The one on eBay basically has all you get, for most of them people generally sling those survey sheets. The double sided advertisement sheet is what you get usually wrapped around the LP with the actual LP in a MFSL poly liner.

• The same as that one on eBay basically you get a MFSL publicity insert which is usually the same size as the LP , telling you about the wonders of their recordings. You don’t really get that much. I’ll check mine later. The one on eBay basically has all you get, for most of them people generally sling those survey sheets. The double sided advertisement sheet is what you get usually wrapped around the LP with the actual LP in a MFSL poly liner.

Thanks

• On the rear of the cover in small print it says

“Half Speed Production and Mastering by Original Masterworks. Specially plated and pressed on high definition super vinyl by Victor Company of Japan ltd. special static free - Dust free inner sleeve. Special heavy duty protective packaging. Source - The original studio master tape. Mastered with the Ortofon Cutting System. Manufactured and Distributed by MFSL.

I’m actually giving it a spin now haven’t played it for 10 years and Entangled sounds superb when the ? Mellotron comes in it’s amazing. Recommended

• I finally have my copy on order. My niece who lives in Washington state has ordered on my behalf. She will bring it with her next time she comes over. So I don't know when that will be!! Nonetheless I'm really looking forward to it. Will cost me a mere £60 , less than half the cost of the one and only copy available in the UK.

• Your in for a sonic treat and it will be well worth the wait!, this album to me blows away any other Genesis album for sound quality and by a long long way. Why they stopped at one is beyond me who knows maybe in the future.