Genesis - Mobile Fidelity why only one?.

• Yeaaaay . I finally have it . Niece brought it over from US . Have waited nearly a year.

Looks like it's in In excellent condition. More than can be said the new owner. I just need some time to play it now! Expecting it to be worth the wait.

• Yeaaaay . I finally have it . Niece brought it over from US . Have waited nearly a year.

Looks like it's in In excellent condition. More than can be said the new owner. I just need some time to play it now! Expecting it to be worth the wait.

Nice Ikea lamp in the background. We have the same one! ^^

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Not a big fan of MFSL...I really prefer other people who remaster / remix stuff like Steve Wilson and Nick Davis.

I think that Steve Hoffman thinks that he is the only person who knows how to remaster CDS the best sounding way. At his web site any one who doesn't agree with his way of doing things are instantly banned.

He also promoted the one sided misinformation about a so called " loudness war ".

Where some albums too loud? Yes , but the vast majority were not.

To me the best sounding TOTT by far is , The RHINO Audio DVD NTSC , DTS , DOLBY DIGITAL of TOTT.

I have all the Rhino audio DVDs from Foxtrot to Invisible Touch.

Edited 2 times, last by argos ().

• The main problem with . DVD discs is that they are not vinyl.! I have tried putting the needle on them and it just slides all over the place and no sound apart from crackle. No good at all.

• I agree about MFSL discs in the main: I find them disappointing. However, the 'TOTT' release is stunning. It's cut quietly so you do need to turn it up, but the dynamics are spectacular on 'Trick'.

I agree that the Rhino DVD is a good version, and certainly better than the SACD 2007 stereo version (though theoretically the same mix).

• They work better if you microwave them first.

You can only put so much information on , vinyl. Older people want to hear as they first heard therm. On vinyl.

However , most recent vinyl is made with the original master tapes which have been remastered from digital already,

So again you can't put as much digital information with those vinyl limitations. I stick by my argument that the DVD audios are much better sounding AND THEY HAVE many get Genesis visuals that vinyl just can't do.