New STEVE HACKETT album: "Under A Mediterranean Sky" (Review now online!)

• ah! Thanks for this. I have to say - I am not really a fan of his acoustic / classical stuff. Just not my cup of tea. But reading the review and listening to the YouTube clips trigger some interest.

• Official Post

I got my email yesterday. How long it will take to reach Australia is another question...

erm... it’s not released down under?

• It's a great album, based on the two listens I've had so far, but could it really not have fitted on a single slab of vinyl? I've not played mine yet to see what the pressing is like, but with advances in the cutting process (see all the longer Genesis album reissues), surely it would not have suffered. After all, there's not much bottom end. And it's not as if the etching on side 4 was worth it...

Phil Morris

• Due to the Royal Mail being useless, they use Covid as an excuse and I know I used to work for them, mail is taking much long to get anywhere in the UK, we went over a month with no mail :(

Mine was posted first class on Thurs but I am not holding my breath and it cost me £5.99 postage, what a joke :( but I guess there are lots of people far worse off who have no job and no home so waiting for an LP is annoying but nothing more, even if it is Steve Hackett's :)

• I went the Amazon route thinking it would arrive sooner with domestic shipping.

When I ordered, the indication was it would be shipped on the date of release but then I received an email on Friday pushing that shipping date to mid February.

Oh well. Good things come to those who wait.

• It's quite an amazing album. A great accomplishment. Steve achieves something amazing with this album: not only does his classical guitar technique continue to improve, but the sound produced is breathtakingly accurate.

• I went the Amazon route thinking it would arrive sooner with domestic shipping.

When I ordered, the indication was it would be shipped on the date of release but then I received an email on Friday pushing that shipping date to mid February.

Oh well. Good things come to those who wait.

To which Amazon territory are you referring? The UK arm dispatched theirs last Thursday.

Phil Morris

• Got my copy yesterday. It's an enjoyable album, but I guess I won't play it for long and I am looking forward to hearing his next rock album.

some are wise ... and some otherwise

• The disc arrived earlier this week and after several listens, I don’t think I’ve been this happy about a new Hackett release since To Watch The Storms.

I think the style of compositions combined with the contributions of Roger King and others make this distinctive enough that I could probably play Bay of Kings and Mediterranean Sky back to back and still have an appetite to put on Momentum or Metamorpheus.

Really enjoying it. At this moment, I’d list this among my Top 10 Hackett albums – something I haven’t been able to say about a new release of his in over a decade.

• I love his guitar playing but am struggling to remember any of the songs but will persevere.

One thing I am disappointed in, maybe I am being picky, is the CD included with the LP's is just shoved in a plastic sleeve, was hoping for a digi pack so I could put it on the shelf with my other SH CD's and be able to find it easily.

• One thing I am disappointed in, maybe I am being picky, is the CD included with the LP's is just shoved in a plastic sleeve, was hoping for a digi pack so I could put it on the shelf with my other SH CD's and be able to find it easily.

That's how they are always done. It's a nice touch for it to be added. Far from all record companies do that. Usually, it's still been "necessary" to buy the CD edition of Hackett's albums for the extra disc. This time around it's really not necessary.

Phil Morris

• Official Post

Indeed

It’s not a bundle offer, more a service that you’ll Ger a digital Version for free when buying the vinyl.