New STEVE HACKETT album: "Under A Mediterranean Sky" (Review now online!)

• I got the CD just now and haven't had opportunity to do a full listen yet. But I have one observation.

I decided to compare the UNDER version of "Lorato" with the one from HARMONY FOR ELEPHANTS, which I can do both aurally and visually with some sound editing software. It appears that both versions are taken from the same performance, but the HARMONY one is edited in a few places so as to be about 20 seconds shorter. Oddly, though, one little bit about 20 seconds in is slightly longer in the HARMONY version. Go figure.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• I have both albums but haven't even noticed this track is on both =O

Tried to check your observation, but can't find what you mentioned. Will check again later when I have more time.

• Official Post

This album was released a year ago today.
    did you buy the album? What are your favorite tracks?

• This album was released a year ago today.
    did you buy the album? What are your favorite tracks?

Yes, I got this as soon as I could. Beautifully written and played; certainly captures the Mediterranean mood very well.

Favourite track: Casa del Fauno - mainly due to the wonderful flute playing.

Least favourite: Mdina - as the first track, this nearly put me off listening to the rest of the album. Just too loud at the beginning for my taste but then it does settle down more in keeping with the rest of the album.

Overall, I greatly prefer this to Surrender of Silence.