PETER GABRIEL Live-albums on vinyl (2020)

• Official Post

Peter had made four live albums available on vinyl. Besides Plays Live, we get the first vinyl release of Secret World Live plus - for the first time ever - Live In Athens 1987 and Growing Up Live on vinyl.

All albums will be released by the end of this year - Just recently, Secret World Live was made available.

Any vinyl freaks here who want to share some info about quality etc?

Details here

https://www.genesis-news.com/n…albums-on-vinyl-n681.html

• Bit of an odd query - my partner has just been in a record shop to buy me the reissue of Peter Gabriel Plays Live on vinyl for Xmas. She bought the standard double vinyl edition, but she is adamant that there was also a TRIPLE vinyl version available. Same cover, sticker etc but more expensive and three LPs instead of two. The weird thing is I can't find any reference anywhere online to this version. So what's going on? Did she imagine it??

• Bit of an odd query - my partner has just been in a record shop to buy me the reissue of Peter Gabriel Plays Live on vinyl for Xmas. She bought the standard double vinyl edition, but she is adamant that there was also a TRIPLE vinyl version available. Same cover, sticker etc but more expensive and three LPs instead of two. The weird thing is I can't find any reference anywhere online to this version. So what's going on? Did she imagine it??

Very worrying. How come you know the detail of this a week BEFORE Christmas? That's just wrong. You shouldn't know anything about this at the moment. :cursing:

• Official Post

I am nit aware of a 3LP version of PLAYS LIVE

• Growing Up Live is re-issued as a triple vinyl (see below)

The first in the series was1983’s Plays Live which was released on August 28 on double vinyl, followed on September 25 by another double vinyl: Live In Athens 1987, which was recorded in the Greek capital on Gabriel’s tour in support of his fifth solo album, So.

October 23 saw 1993’s Secret World arrive on 2LP, while Growing Up Live from 2003 was reissued as a triple album pressing.

• Growing Up Live is re-issued as a triple vinyl (see below)

The first in the series was1983’s Plays Live which was released on August 28 on double vinyl, followed on September 25 by another double vinyl: Live In Athens 1987, which was recorded in the Greek capital on Gabriel’s tour in support of his fifth solo album, So.

October 23 saw 1993’s Secret World arrive on 2LP, while Growing Up Live from 2003 was reissued as a triple album pressing.

I know, I suggested this might be the cause of the confusion. But she's absolutely insistent that there were two different versions of Plays Live with exactly the same cover, but one was a heavier package with three LPs and was £26.99 and the other was two LPs and £21.99. She says she's definite about it because she stood for a while looking at them, unsure which one to get to me. In the end she got the cheaper one. It's very odd, she's not usually given to hallucinations. Then again, it HAS been a very tough year.