More Genesis trivia questions

• Another hint: The same "wrong" thing happened with all of them.

(PS: If there is anyone who disagrees with "oh just bloody tell us!" let me know.)

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

Edited once, last by DecomposingMan ().

• CD liner notes have the wrong track length on all of them ...?

The "wrong track length" part is the right answer. In the initial releases of each of the albums involved (on LP for the first 2, of course), the track length for each of these songs is overstated by more than half a minute:

"It" - Time given as 4:58, actual time about 4:20

"Throwing It All Away" - Time given as 4:41, actual time about 3:50

"The Diving Line" - Time given as 8:59, actual time 7:45

I don't know whether the error on "It" was carried over to any CD releases, but my pre-remaster CD of INVISIBLE TOUCH shows the wrong time for TIAA.

BTW, if you're aware of the notorious MCA LP release of TRESPASS where all 3 songs on side one are listed at "7:00"... well, that was actually more accurate than any of these cases!

Edited once, last by DecomposingMan ().

• If you want. :)

I just started this thread because it didn't look like I was going to manage to get another turn on the main "trivia quiz" thread.

• I got two Genesis songs and one PC immediately. The third took some thinking about but after mulling over a few songs , I got Jesus He Knows Me. The ones I got straight away were Dreaming While You Sleep, Domino and of course In The Air Tonight. . I think that will my limit as I m not so familiar with PC songs.

• I got two Genesis songs and one PC immediately. The third took some thinking about but after mulling over a few songs , I got Jesus He Knows Me. The ones I got straight away were Dreaming While You Sleep, Domino and of course In The Air Tonight. . I think that will my limit as I m not so familiar with PC songs.

Yeah, those are the 3 from Genesis - honorable mentions would be:

Only Your Love (Ant's song, sung by Phil in a demo)

and

You Might Recall ("all of our lives")

For Phil, In the Air Tonight and All of My Life have been mentioned ... but there are:

3 on "No Jacket Required,"

a b-side,

2 from "But Seriously" (All of My Life already named, so one more),

1 from "Both Sides"

... and probably more that I can't even think of ...

• OK, I have another one:

What oddly specific thing does Mike's ACTING VERY STRANGE have in common with the album PROLOGUE by Renaissance?

Hint: This can be observed just by looking at the respective album info in, say, Wikipedia. It's just a matter of whether anyone will observe it!

• OK, I have another one:

What oddly specific thing does Mike's ACTING VERY STRANGE have in common with the album PROLOGUE by Renaissance?

Hint: This can be observed just by looking at the respective album info in, say, Wikipedia. It's just a matter of whether anyone will observe it!

Both have involvement from a member of the Copeland family (Miles Copeland III in Prologue, Stewart Copeland in Acting Very Strange)?

• Both albums have a piece called Prologue that really is the first track (the prologue, as it were) of the album.

No... ACTING VERY STRANGE doesn't have anything with that title.