More Genesis trivia questions

• Can't be that. The Renaissance one is really nice and interesting while AVS is cringeworthily rubbish. Could be the absolute worst album cover in the whole Genesis universe.

You have seen Kim Poor's covers for Steve's albums, right? Some are fine, but others not so much. I consider AVS's cover to be acceptable, and certainly better than most of Mike's vocals.

Anyway, the answer doesn't have to do with the covers, but is somewhat related to the content. And it's something you'd be unlikely to find on any other albums besides these two.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• You have seen Kim Poor's covers for Steve's albums, right? Some are fine, but others not so much. I consider AVS's cover to be acceptable, and certainly better than most of Mike's vocals.

Yes his covers are generally pretty bad, in particular the KP ones but AVS easily trumps them for sheer craposity.

Abandon all reason

• BTW I like Halfway There, but the beginning of the track does sound like a Police song, as pointed out by someone in the YT comments. Probably doesn’t help that it’s obviously Stewart Copeland on drums. Still like it though, I like some of Stewart’s stuff for the band like Darkness and It’s Alright For You.

• Well, I guess everyone has lost interest in this, so I'll go ahead and give the answer...

Symmetrical (or palindromic) songwriting credits!

ACTING VERY STRANGE

Side 1:

1. Rutherford

2. Rutherford

3. Rutherford-Bellotte

4. Rutherford-Palmer

Side 2:

1. Rutherford-Palmer

2. Rutherford-Bellotte

3. Rutherford

4. Rutheford

PROLOGUE

Side 1:

1. Dunford

2. McCarty-Thatcher

3. Dunford-Thatcher

Side 2:

1. Dunford-Thatcher

2. McCarty-Thatcher

3. Dunford

• Very clever, and well spotted. Though not Palindromic, just as Notlob isn't a Palindrome of Bolton (A Monty Python reference, and not because of Michael Palin!) :)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Oh that’s right! Genesis was one of the investors of Monty Python and the Holy Grail because the manager encouraged them since some of the early records were on Charisma records, which Genesis were in!

• 74-75 wasn't it?

It'd be like a loan, you're in debt to the creditor but you have the funds and can use/invest them as you wish.

I'll be honest, I thought it was 77, but you're right. Point being it was LOOOONG before any debt issues the python's had, which cropped up in 2014, I think.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• OK, here's another question I thought of.

What unusual thing do the tracks "Deep In The Motherlode" and "Hearts On Fire" have in common (probably uniquely in common, among Genesis tracks)?

• Yes, that's it!

These are different from, say, "Carpet Crawlers" vs. "Carpet Crawl," in that the alternative titles are completely separate from the "real" titles.