From Genesis To Revelation

• I seem to recall back when the box sets were being mad or possibly when archive was coming out that Peter struck a deal with John jo music to get From Genesis To Revelation remastered and put back to its original condition. All the original art work was put back with the lyrics and such. Does anyone know of this? Did they title it any different? Does anyone know where and if I can still get a copy of this a link on eBay perhaps? Been looking for this for a while now. All I seem to find are lame rip offs with extra tracks. I seem to recall there was an extra disc with this to have the extra tracks like one eyed hound ect Any help is appreciated.

• Keith1980

Changed the title of the thread from “From Genesis To Recelation” to “From Genesis To Revelation”.
  • I seem to remember that Cherry Red Records are planning some kind of ultimate edition of that album. Ant Phillips said something along those lines in an interview earlier this year (but don't ask me where to find it). So patience might be the key.

• You can get the vinyl version of that box set for about £50 on Amazon. I’ve got one and am very happy with it. Mono and stereo versions of the album plus replicas of the three singles.

• You can get the vinyl version of that box set for about £50 on Amazon. I’ve got one and am very happy with it. Mono and stereo versions of the album plus replicas of the three singles.

Is it original with all the strings etc or or are taken out?

• I bough both the vinyl box set and the edsal deluxe cd. Will the Amazon purchased vinyl get here first or the Ebay cd lol.

well Amazon UK won’t take my card so I got it off of eBay. Not sure why when I try to buy overseas this seems to happend. Getting old.

Edited 2 times, last by Keith1980 ().

• Found this on eBay. Thought I’d leave this here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genes…id=p2349624.m46890.l49292

They claim this to be an original first pressing of from genesis to revelation. Less the 700 were sold is what I’ve herd over the years. Not sure how many original pressings there was for this. Cant believer they pressed it twice. Anyone know how many copies were made back then of this? And maybe someone can verify if this is from back then. It does say Decca.

What I found really amazing was in all my years of being a genesis fan I’ve never seen or read the story that is written on this lyric sheet. That story impressed me. Almost $600 they are asking for this. If I was rich I’d fork it over but that’s way outa reach for me and it’s used. Good luck finding one that’s never been opened lol

Maybe we can all pitch in a few bucks and hold it at our houses for a month and pass it along to the next fan lol. We are all owners of it lol.

• It certainly looks of the period, but as for 1st pressing, hard to prove, it was certainly repressed the following year with the same catalogue number, but the "DECCA" logo described there suggests it is the 1st press, see 1969: https://www.discogs.com/Genesi…evelation/release/2830296 and 1970: https://www.discogs.com/Genesi…evelation/release/2102084

The 1969 release details do seem to agree, ref the mono/stereo cutout etc. That said, there are comments below the details that suggest some sleeves etc were used later, which seems quite likely, Decca were pretty tight with cash for sleeve costs etc.

Interesting to note Tom Allom's involvement, which I was unaware of, he went on to engineer/produce/play on Hudson Ford's albums in the 70's

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I seem to remember that Cherry Red Records are planning some kind of ultimate edition of that album. Ant Phillips said something along those lines in an interview earlier this year (but don't ask me where to find it). So patience might be the key.

This sounds interesting. I got the vinyl 'rock roots' version back in the seventies but have never bought a cd version of it. Over the years I've toyed with the idea of getting one but never have. Think I'll wait and see what happens regarding this possible release. May be one worth getting.

• I know I read somewhere Peter was involved in getting this album remastered and restored I’m hoping the versions I just got are them. EDSAL release. And this box set. Still not sure. I had a couple different cookies over the years with band photos on it. More ways of making king get money I’m guessing lol.

• sorry to be slow getting back to you, I wanted to check the record myself, but I can see you have already bought a copy! Sounds like you may not listen to the vinyl copy, but for clarity- it is the mix with the strings-in both the mono and stereo albums. There is also a third album of tracks which are available elsewhere, but nice to have them on vinyl. The package is good, looks nice and plays well. Enjoy!

I've tried to find the interview you mention but no luck. I hope this does happen - especially if it's mastered from original tapes and even better if it has more unreleased early demo material! I have the original vinyl (stereo - I think the 1970 repress) but no digital copy. I used to have that nice picture disc version that came out in the mid 80s - wish I'd kept it for nostalgia's sake.

• I've found it!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(roughly 1:23 to 2:06)

Actually, Ant doesn't talk about an "ultimate edition", but you'd expect more than just a run of the mill release from Cherry Red.

• Official Post

I also wonder what might be on the CherryRed edition.

A few years ago, there was the 50 Years Ago album (check out our review here), which was only available digitally. So I'd expect something from that to be on the CherryRed edition as well.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Looking closly at this box set I noticed a typo in the lyrics sheet. Mine has a place to call my own on the lyrics sheet labled a place to call your own lol. Opps. This typo is right above the lyrics looks like the only typo.

• Looking closly at this box set I noticed a typo in the lyrics sheet. Mine has a place to call my own on the lyrics sheet labled a place to call your own lol. Opps. This typo is right above the lyrics looks like the only typo.

These kind of mistakes are (sadly) not unusual for Genesis releases (although this one was not approved by the band anyway). Any news about the new edition Cherry Red are planning? Haven't heard anything for ... 2 years?