Songs that were better live

• I have seen them 11 times. But name a few that l prefer live.

I know what I like,

Cinema Show,

Dukes Travels/ End

Robbery Assault and Battery,

Carpet Crawlers,

Fading Lights

• After having seen Genesis Live 11 times, I have to say that LIVE is the best setting to listen to their timeless and sublime music. It is a shame there are many Genesis songs from their catalog that were never played live: The Brazilian, Wot Gorilla?, Inside Out (not the Hackett Revisited version that is pretty good but is not Genesis), Vancouver and some other lost gems.

I believe that Wot Gorilla? was only played live once, at the Rainbow Theatre on 1st January 1977.

• I just wanted to say that "Governor Conway" is now my official favorite user name from this forum.

^^

It took me a moment until I knew, where the name came from. I sort of agree with you.

First we learned to walk on water.

Then we tried something harder.

- Red Seven -

• ^

Yes I knew it was from a Genesis song, but had to think for a few seconds to identify it! It's a good one.

I'm not sure what I'd go for if I chose a Genesis-related username. Possibly 'The Reverend'. In fact that song is potentially rich pickings. Liquid Len would be another good one. Jones The Jug, Harold Demure, Mick The Prick (okay maybe not...). 'Thumpire' is another one I like.

Abandon all reason

• Los endos was imo always better live and not only for the 2 drummers. I have a soft spot for the 1980 Ripples live version. I had always thought it was not a live song but the way Phil delivered it during the Duke tour was very special and proved again, how much he had grown as a singer.

• Los endos was imo always better live and not only for the 2 drummers. I have a soft spot for the 1980 Ripples live version. I had always thought it was not a live song but the way Phil delivered it during the Duke tour was very special and proved again, how much he had grown as a singer.

Completely, you are absolutely right, I love that version - everything about it is superb.

The 14-year-old me is among the cheers and applause on the Archive 2 version - London Lyceum, 7 May, 1980. Genesis in a 1500-capacity hall....

Abandon all reason