Calling All Stations cover album

• Hey Genesis fans!

I recently completed a cover album of Calling All Stations (5 of the best songs from the album) and it's coming out soon! We created the entire album remotely with a guitarist from Atlanta, a drummer from England, and a singer from Tokyo. I produced the songs along playing the keys and bass parts. If you want to hear the album when it comes out, please pre-save using this link to Spotify 8) We are working on We Can't Dance next, going in reverse chronological order. Thank you for checking this out!!

https://distrokid.com/hyperfol…uel/covering-all-stations

• Official Post

Thank you - will have a listen later and give some feedback then!

• Thank you - will have a listen later and give some feedback then!

Thanks a ton Christian! This album and WCD were my two biggest influential albums that got me into music as a little kid, so this is a dream project. I know CAS is a bit controversial, but it's one of my most nostalgic albums. Excited to hear you and other Genesis fans feedback! :)

• Official Post

I have also added your SoundCloud link to our German Forum

https://www.genesis-fanclub.de…alling-all-station-songs/

• Well done - I really enjoyed this - I'm not the biggest fan of CAS, but I this made me appreciate it a bit more I think. In fact I even think some of the arrangements are superior to the album versions! Standouts for me were The Dividing Line and There Must Be Some Other Way (a track I never used to like that much). Looking forward to seeing what you do with WCD!

• These are unusually high quality covers to my ears. Congrats. Reminds me of how much I love the source material, but you added enough to make these worth listening to. I particularly like how updated the keyboards sound.

• Well done - I really enjoyed this - I'm not the biggest fan of CAS, but I this made me appreciate it a bit more I think. In fact I even think some of the arrangements are superior to the album versions! Standouts for me were The Dividing Line and There Must Be Some Other Way (a track I never used to like that much). Looking forward to seeing what you do with WCD!

Thanks a ton for listening and the really kind words! It was fun to try to get them as close to the originals as possible and then give them some unique twists like the keyboard sounds and arrangements. Thanks again!

• These are unusually high quality covers to my ears. Congrats. Reminds me of how much I love the source material, but you added enough to make these worth listening to. I particularly like how updated the keyboards sound.

I really appreciate that! It's definitely a huge passion project so spent a lot of time trying to get it to sound as good if not better than the originals :) Thanks again!

• Had a listen

You pretty much reproduce the original album. Did you consider to create something different, i.e. recording the songs in different styles.

I find it fascinating when cover versions are completely different from the original stuff, a bit like what Peter did with Scratch my back

• Had a listen

You pretty much reproduce the original album. Did you consider to create something different, i.e. recording the songs in different styles.

I find it fascinating when cover versions are completely different from the original stuff, a bit like what Peter did with Scratch my back

Thanks for listening! And honestly no, didn't wanna do some alternate key, acoustic version of something too different. As a kid, the thing about this album that inspired me to become a musician/composer was the sounds/production and drums, etc. So I wanted to give it the same feel as the originals just more modern production slightly and a bit of a live feel. We did extend the end of TMBSOW but otherwise with these songs in particular wanted to keep them in the spirit of the originals. There also aren't many covers of this album online either. Might do that more for the Gabriel era when we get there one day haha I'd say the more familiar the music is to people, the more as a cover artist you should change it up, hence why this album is basically unchanged from the originals hahah but I have a cover coming up that's "In The Air Tonight" and trying to give that one a more unique take.