Phil Collins with the Silvano Bazan Trio - "Teach Me Tonight"

• Hey everybody

I came across this track:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Does anyone know the story behind this project / Phil's involvement?

• Harold

Changed the title of the thread from “Phil Collins with the Silvano Baran Trio - "Teach Me Tonight"” to “Phil Collins with the Silvano Bazan Trio - "Teach Me Tonight"”.
  • I have no idea how and why this was recorded - but this should have been on "Plays well with others"!!!

As I'm sure you're aware, there's a *lot* more left out. One of the issues could be to do with copyright holders or other rights. Plus there are things like uncredited appearances, such as his drumming on the Neil Innes single.

Phil Morris

• As I'm sure you're aware, there's a *lot* more left out. One of the issues could be to do with copyright holders or other rights. Plus there are things like uncredited appearances, such as his drumming on the Neil Innes single.

Phil Morris

Yes, I am aware of that. Was just surprised by this specific track!

Plenty of stuff around for a Volume Two ...

• I have no idea what the story behind the track is but it's very good smoky jazz. Makes me want to drink whiskey!

• Official Post

My dear friend "RadDudeski69" has uploaded the above mentioned youtube-videos of this song.

And in the remarks he has added a quote (most presumably from PC):

"(I have) some friends out here in Geneva called the Silvano Bazan Trio. I've sat in on drums with them, they've played at my house, my birthday, and I sang 'Teach Me Tonight' on their CD."

This explains the pretty simple story how this collaboration came together. Sometimes things can be quite simple.