Genesis Hi Res Downloads?

• Thanks for adding me to the group.

I noticed that there are currently no Genesis albums available for hi res download. Does anyone know if this could change in the foreseeable future? It should be easy to convert the SACD or DVD Audio masters to 24/96 PCM stereo files.

• Official Post

Hi and welcome!

You are right - I thought Qobuz offers high res downloads, but those are only in CD quality.

I assume a lot will be available again once the tour starts.

• Hey so I saw that if any of you have Tidal as a music streaming format and are based in the US you can actually get the Genesis albums in Master format. Unfortunately this isn't available to UK yet and I've no way of finding out when that'll happen

• Thanks for the replies. I'm in the US. I haven't done streaming yet--I'm old school and prefer to actually own an album. :) But I suppose I can try it if the hi res downloads never show up. It's better than shelling out several hundred dollars each for the SACD box sets on Ebay.

I've noticed that hi res releases can be pretty random. Asia's 2nd and 3rd albums (Alpha and Astra) were released this month. And what about the debut, which was by far their best? Still waiting.

• It looks like the only release to be associated with The Last Domino? tour is the album of the same name coming out in November. I checked the prerelease info on Qobuz, and not even that will have a hi res version.

Obviously, neither the label nor the band has any interest at this point in releasing Genesis material in hi res download. Bummer! I wish they would be more like Yes.

• Official Post

Sometimes pre orders for high res downloads come a bit later. At least that’s the case here in Europe

• Thanks, Christian. I will check back later. I have only been using Qobuz USA for 6 months, but I have always seen the hi res and CD quality download preorders show up at the same time. Hence, I already know that Yes The Quest will be available at both quality levels.

• Thanks for adding me to the group.

I noticed that there are currently no Genesis albums available for hi res download. Does anyone know if this could change in the foreseeable future? It should be easy to convert the SACD or DVD Audio masters to 24/96 PCM stereo files.

Quite why you would want Hi Res SACD or DVD A reduced into PCM Stereo files is baffling, Multi channel SACD and DVD A are at an ideal listening format. 5.1 / surround.

Going over to Stereo would seem to be a step backwards.

TGA

• Quite why you would want Hi Res SACD or DVD A reduced into PCM Stereo files is baffling, Multi channel SACD and DVD A are at an ideal listening format. 5.1 / surround.

Going over to Stereo would seem to be a step backwards.

TGA

I agree. BUT, of course, if you don't have a 5.1 system........

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Official Post

Thanks, Christian. I will check back later. I have only been using Qobuz USA for 6 months, but I have always seen the hi res and CD quality download preorders show up at the same time. Hence, I already know that Yes The Quest will be available at both quality levels.

I do actually porefer physical formats for high res audio but since I now own quite a log digital albums (own, not stream), I understand some want a digital, non-physical solution.