BBC: Patrick Woodroffe about the Genesis tour lighting

• I finally got around to listening to this today and I concur with others here - that doesn't sound like Phil on HBTS. More like a backup singer. Grainier voice and a different tone somewhat. I did hear Phil's voice though on the opening line to HOMH. They seemed to otherwise cut around his vocal parts which is interesting. Maybe the takes here didn't have his vocals in all parts as he was working on them. Who knows? Interesting listen though!

• Regarding PG calling....it's certainly interesting.

Obviously there's a part of me that hopes Peter was phoning to ask "Have you figured out the optimum lighting colour temperature for my flower mask?" but there any number of reasons why he might call. Perhaps Peter was merely doing the band the courtesy of asking how their rehearsals were going? Peter and Patrick worked together in the past on Peter's arena tours, so perhaps they're looking at lighting for a future Peter Gabriel venture?

• I finally got around to listening to this today and I concur with others here - that doesn't sound like Phil on HBTS. More like a backup singer. Grainier voice and a different tone somewhat. I did hear Phil's voice though on the opening line to HOMH. They seemed to otherwise cut around his vocal parts which is interesting. Maybe the takes here didn't have his vocals in all parts as he was working on them. Who knows? Interesting listen though!

I think that they were simply running through the lighting cues and one of the backing singers was standing in for Phil whilst they did it. Pretty laborious.