Old Forums And Members

• I have been a member of various genesis forums over the years , only ever used Shadow as my name , I know lots of people went over to Facebook when the Official forum closed its doors and I did for a while but it wasn’t for me , but I still miss past members I won’t say names as it wouldn’t be fair , there was a awful lot of love on there , chat room was fun

• Yes - I agree. I miss the old genesis-music.com forum too. It was a wonderful meeting/chatting place and a great repository of good Genesis information.

It should give us all something to work towards! :) I am already enjoying my time here, and I was very grateful that Krissy gave us a nice forum at Conforums before it went belly-up.

Many familiar faces here already - no doubt there will be many more. :thumbup: Thank you, Christian, for opening up your doors here!

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Yes, I am grateful to have this forum when so many are closing down these days - thank you.

"She looks at me and gently smiles, as if she knew I'd ask her all the time..."

• Official Post

All of you can of course "advertise" our forum elsewhere, perhaps some old members might find their way back, who knows ...

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• back in 2006, our beloved krissy <3 created a genesis forum because the official one had crashed. but, unfortunately, it became something like a private club for a gang of members who believed to be cooler than the rest. most of the forum activity were games and private jokes between those members, in the 'forum of the last resort'. believe it or not, at that time, it was almost uncool to publish anything on the genesis-related subforums.

thankfully, in later years, many more people from different locations joined krissy's forum. therefore, that site was no longer the cool members' property. and, most importantly, genesis music became relevant again.

Edited 2 times, last by chema ().

• back in 2006, our beloved krissy <3 created a genesis forum because the official one had crashed. but, unfortunately, it became something like a private club for a gang of members who believed to be cooler than the rest. most of the forum activity were games and private jokes between those members, in the 'forum of the last resort'. believe it or not, at that time, it was almost uncool to publish anything on the genesis-related subforums.

thankfully, in later years, many more people from different locations joined krissy's forum. therefore, that site was no longer the cool members' property. and, most importantly, genesis music became relevant again.

There's not many music forums around. Most bands have joined Facebook as a way of communication. Unfortunately I've stopped looking at facebook.

To me honestly, a forum should not be just about the band, but other related bands of interest and other news. Most of the music forums I joined ages ago discussed other issues other than the band it self.

IMHO, I think it's healthy to discuss other matters of interest, it keeps the forum more alive. Specially to their members.

• I'm in a fair few Facebook band sites. No band as good as Genesis of course . An FB site could never be as good as this one. We actually have discussions here not just everyone trying point score. The main problem is that it's too hard to find threads.

• I'm in a fair few Facebook band sites. No band as good as Genesis of course . An FB site could never be as good as this one. We actually have discussions here not just everyone trying point score. The main problem is that it's too hard to find threads.

I find that using google, and specifying this forum as the site to search, has far better results than the in-built search box, which seems to be clueless.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I find that using google, and specifying this forum as the site to search, has far better results than the in-built search box, which seems to be clueless.

That's interesting, what you're both saying. So far I've found the board search facility OK for individual terms and thread-finding. Haven't had to fall back on google. Yet, anyway.

Abandon all reason

• There's not many music forums around. Most bands have joined Facebook as a way of communication. Unfortunately I've stopped looking at facebook.

To me honestly, a forum should not be just about the band, but other related bands of interest and other news. Most of the music forums I joined ages ago discussed other issues other than the band it self.

IMHO, I think it's healthy to discuss other matters of interest, it keeps the forum more alive. Specially to their members.

Agreed. This board seems a good balance, plenty of Genesis/solo discussion and a good dose of off-topic stuff. With the previous board referred to I suspect years of Genesis inactivity contributed to the Genesis-specific forums being less favoured. But that 'clique' mentality as described also can often develop on web forums.

I avoid FB for various reasons.

Abandon all reason

• I joined Krissy's forum once the old official board shut down and got replaced but the messy Ning platform. If Krissy's forum was a clique thing up to that point, it later on became the inofficial "official" forum. I loved that forum, it was one of the few forums in which people really acted mature, most of the times at least. The only annoying thing was long-time members who kept complaining "this forum is boring because everything has been discussed to death".

• Where is Krissy :?:....

Has she appeared back since she invited us all to Christian's site :/

No, not really. TBH, she had lost interest anyway towards the end of the old forum. When conforums announced it's upcoming closure, 2 or 3 of us had to contact her via non-forum routes to move things on. I think she made a few posts here, and then drifted off once more. I guess her life moved on.........

Ian

• No, not really. TBH, she had lost interest anyway towards the end of the old forum. When conforums announced it's upcoming closure, 2 or 3 of us had to contact her via non-forum routes to move things on. I think she made a few posts here, and then drifted off once more. I guess her life moved on.........

I remember when she first started her site, she was a teenager!.....😄

• I remember when she first started her site, she was a teenager!.....😄

Exactly, so she's probably got a job, a relationship, maybe kids etc to keep her occupied these days. Still, her legacy lives on.

Ian