Making a Big Mistake

• Was listening to the AGAINST ALL ODDS soundtrack recently, and wanted to comment on this song.

Mike sounds a lot better here than on ACTING VERY STRANGE -- so much so that I was once unable to convince another listener that it was actually him! (The only part that sounds weak to me is "a different wo-o-orld.") I really wish Mike had done an album where his singing sounded like it does on this song, instead of how it sounds on AVS.

Also, I suspect that all the parts in the song -- vocal & instrumental -- were performed by Mike. The only part I wonder about is the strange, female-sounding voice at the end. What is that? An uncredited guest singer? A sped-up Mike? Hmm...

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• Official Post

I must admit - I have not heard it for years now and can't even remember the song. Will check later today

• Official Post

This is a YouTube link for the track

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't believe I have ever heard this song until now.

During the first part I was thinking Mike seemed to be making a conscious effort to stay within his range, and then we got to the chorus...

The main problem I have with most of AVS and with the chorus of this track, is that Mike tries singing a little too raucously for his vocal capabilities.

• First time I've ever heard that song, it's pretty good! His voice is a bit more serviceable than I remember it on what I heard from AVS, which was like 20 years ago at this point.