Justin Biber steals Toto song

• Official Post

Someone posted that in our German forum

Justin Biber has copied a Toto song and of course, didn’t credit them.

Check here:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

see also the band‘s reaction:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Why do people who put youtube videos together have to have such horrible shitty title cards like these ^? They all look the same. They're like bad breath for the eyes.

Anyway, you'd think Bieber would have better taste than to plagiarise, if he did, from dreary old Toto.

(Stuart Francis joke - "They call me a plagiarist! Their words, not mine.")

Abandon all reason

• You may find Toto dreary, but IMO they're a great band that puts on one of the better live shows I've seen over the years (and I've been going to live gigs since 1973). Steve Lukather is one of the hardest working songwriter/guitarists in the biz. Why would Bieber have better sense than to plagiarize Toto? The guy's been nothing but a punk as far back as I can remember. Both Lukather and Toto vocalist Joseph Williams have new solo albums out and I recommend both to anyone who appreciates great talent.

• Why would Bieber have better sense than to plagiarize Toto?

I was being provocative.

I'm pretty neutral on both Toto and Bieber, veering toward negative. Neither particularly excite me. I saw what had all the signs of Rockhead Blokes Having A Moan and couldn't resist ushering a C in among the Ps.

I think it's probably unlikely Bieber has personally sat down, intentionally searched out some old Toto tune and thought "I'll have that." If it is a deliberate or unconscious lift, more likely by one of the listed co-writers, and Toto feel strongly enough to pursue it then all things being just they'll get the necessary recompense and good luck to them.

PS If it's not established that the JB song is plagiarism I hope the very stark title of this thread doesn't prove to be problematic for the forum!

Abandon all reason

• PS If it's not established that the JB song is plagiarism I hope the very stark title of this thread doesn't prove to be problematic for the forum!

:D This made me picture Pennywise Bieber wearing clown makeup and holding a red balloon, peering out of a rain gully at us Genesis fans and baring his sharp teeth in a ferocious smile. "They float... And when you're down here, you'll float too!"

• :D This made me picture Pennywise Bieber wearing clown makeup and holding a red balloon, peering out of a rain gully at us Genesis fans and baring his sharp teeth in a ferocious smile. "They float... And when you're down here, you'll float too!"

It's certainly how I always think of him.

Abandon all reason

• I am not a big TOTO fan, but without any doubt they are a great rock band and of course incredible musicians. I think Leland Sklar also played with them for a while.
    Stealing tracks ... wenn compared to the 1999/Sussudiio thing in the 80ies, this Toto/Biber thing is not only obvious, but also very impudent!

Hope this will sorted