Phil Collins live 1998 with Simon and a quite unique band

• Hi

I found this video on Facebook / YouTube

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

quite bizarre line up ... and this version of In The Air Tonight

Anyone knows why and how this event happened?

... make tomorrow today!

• That was quite a unique show! I love seeing Phil being "just the drummer" for a full show. Great to see and he looks like he and the rest are having fun. Interesting version of ITAT, I kinda like that. And who knew John Macenroe played guitar?

• That was quite a unique show! I love seeing Phil being "just the drummer" for a full show. Great to see and he looks like he and the rest are having fun. Interesting version of ITAT, I kinda like that. And who knew John Macenroe played guitar?

Somewhat sheepishly I have to admit I did. I love tennis and discovered it somewhere along the way. How strange to have him playing with Phil collins as the drummer though!

Random aside: stephen king also plays guitar and sings, and has toured with a band of other celebrities who play in an amateur capacity. I think they were called the rock bottom remainders or something. As he said, 'you don't pay to see it done well, you just pay to see it done at all!'. They had warren zevon play with them a few times, which I guess from a literary rock point of view is a bit analogous to having Phil collins on drums.

• Somewhat sheepishly I have to admit I did. I love tennis and discovered it somewhere along the way. How strange to have him playing with Phil collins as the drummer though!

Random aside: stephen king also plays guitar and sings, and has toured with a band of other celebrities who play in an amateur capacity. I think they were called the rock bottom remainders or something. As he said, 'you don't pay to see it done well, you just pay to see it done at all!'. They had warren zevon play with them a few times, which I guess from a literary rock point of view is a bit analogous to having Phil collins on drums.

Yeah I don't know which was weirder to me, him playing guitar or him playing guitar with Phil as drummer. He is quite good though! It's always funny to me to find athletes or actors who suddenly strap on a guitar or sit behind a drum kit and suddenly they can do that too. Didn't know about Stephen King either.

I thnk I knew McEnroe played guitar. He was one of the chorus on Glenn Frey's 1982 song Partytown.

• Yeah I don't know which was weirder to me, him playing guitar or him playing guitar with Phil as drummer. He is quite good though! It's always funny to me to find athletes or actors who suddenly strap on a guitar or sit behind a drum kit and suddenly they can do that too. Didn't know about Stephen King either.

I suspect these guys did a very large amount of coke together in the 80s!

• Official Post

I still wonder how this event was put together.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!