The Genesis Show

• ...and that show is coming up this Saturday! 8)

Apparently, they are doing selections from "Three Sides Live" as an encore, after doing "Seconds Out" in its entirety - if I remember correctly, it will be selections from the 4th live side as released outside of North America (so, my song, The Fountain Of Salmacis, and It/Watcher of the Skies will probably make an appearance as well).

Show report later...

...and the show was fantastic yet again! 8)

They played "Seconds Out" in its entirety in order, then "Dodo/Lurker", "Follow You, Follow Me", "Misunderstanding", “Turn It On Again”, and "It/Watcher of The Skies" - and a surprise final encore of “The Knife”! A GREAT show!

They are not to be missed if they are playing near you.

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

Edited 2 times, last by OneForTheVine ().

• The Genesis Show is playing their next show in Collingswood, NJ at the Scottish Rite Auditorium on Saturday, April 27th.

The big surprise is that they are playing the Abacab Tour setlist this time! They have been playing the W&W/Seconds Out setlist since their inception, but now they are progressively going to work through all of the tours from ATOTT to MAMA as the months/years go forward.

This should be a lot of fun! 😎 Tickets just went on sale yesterday.

• The Genesis Show is playing their next show in Collingswood, NJ at the Scottish Rite Auditorium on Saturday, April 27th.

The big surprise is that they are playing the Abacab Tour setlist this time! They have been playing the W&W/Seconds Out setlist since their inception, but now they are progressively going to work through all of the tours from ATOTT to MAMA as the months/years go forward.

...and now a second Abacab show from this amazing tribute band is at the wonderful Keswick Theater in suburban Philadelphia on June 14th. Tix on sale later this week.

...and the aforementioned show is tomorrow! 8)

Show report to follow later this weekend.

• ...and the aforementioned show is tomorrow! 8)

Show report to follow later this weekend.

...and a short show report now!

It was a tremendous show! I got to hear Genesis songs live that I have never heard played live before. (Of course, hearing them by Genesis themselves would be the greatest treat, but this show was a very enjoyable next-best-thing.)

The setlist (not in order played):

Firth Of Fifth (w/ Stuermer-esque playing of the solo instead of with Steve's original blueprint - this was done not to annoy people, but instead to be true to the era they were replicating; he normally plays it in the Hackett style)

I Know What I Like

The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

Carpet Crawlers

In The Cage/Cinema Show/Slippermen/Afterglow

Dance On A Volcano/drum duet/Los Endos

Follow You, Follow Me

Behind The Lines/Duchess

Misunderstanding

Turn It On Again

Abacab

No Reply At All

Me And Sarah Jane

Dodo/Lurker

Who Dunnit? (yes, really :D)

Man On The Corner

A VERY enjoyable show! I'm glad that I have another opportunity to catch it in June. 8)

Edited once, last by OneForTheVine ().

• ...and the aforementioned show in June is tomorrow! It should be the same or very similar setlist. I'm looking forward to hearing it again! 8)

• These guys are awesome. I've seen them four times, and they've never disappointed. Great musicians and great energy on stage. They seem like a bunch of regular guys who just love the hell out of Genesis and consider it an honor (as the lead singer always points out) to perform this music they grew up loving for an audience. They will be performing a series of shows this fall in the New York--New Jersey--Philadelphia area, alternating between the Abacab and Encore tours from one concert to the next. I'm especially looking forward to seeing them perform the Encore tour, which of course was the last tour in which Genesis performed Supper's Ready in its entirety. The Abacab shows will be at the Landis Theater in Vineland, NJ (Oct. 12, 2019) and the Riviera Theater in North Tonawanda, NY (Nov. 23, 2019). The Encore shores are the Scottish Rite Auditorium in Collingswood, NJ (Nov. 16, 2019) and the Kewsick Theater in Glenside, PA (Dec. 28, 2019). Check 'em out--you'll love 'em live!

• Official Post

Next couple of shows are coming closer:

https://www.thegenesisshow.com/shows

2019/11/16 Scottish Rite - Collingswood, NJ
    2019/11/23 The Riviera - North Tonawanda, NY
    2019/12/28 The Keswick - Glenside, PA
    2020/01/04 The Ridgefield - Ridgefield, CT

• Official Post

... and we have added a separate site for them on our website

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…-upcoming-shows-s710.html

• Evidence that Genesis truly considers Philly to be a “rock-n-roll” town :) Hopefully TGS will take note of this gem Genesis played as the final encore at the show in Philly in 1980.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• FINALLY! ^^

They are going back on the road for a recreation of Genesis’ “Duke” tour from August until at least October (perhaps beyond that). Currently scheduled shows are here:

https://www.thegenesisshow.com/shows

It’ll be good to see them again! 8)

…and their upcoming Keswick appearance has gone on sale today!

They are playing there on January 14, 2023. I now have my first ticket for a show happening next year.

• This is a tough call for me. I think I've seen them every time they've played the Keswick (and a couple shows in NJ as well). Still, as I noted before the Duke tour was not my favorite setlist and it's a 6 hour roundtrip from the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Also, I'd have to sell Ms. MoonlitKnight on it. The fact they won't be playing Supper's Ready will make it a tough sell for her. But she does love Duchess and Afterglow. Ah, decisions, decisions . . . .

• Bit the bullet and bought tickets for this Saturday’s Genesis Show concert in Philly. I watched the Lyceum 1980 concert again this week, which got me excited to see a Duke Tour show. Also, once they released the NFL playoff schedule and I saw Baltimore is playing Sunday night instead of Saturday that sealed the deal for me (yeah I’m a sports masochist: with Lamar Jackson still hurt I know Baltimore will lose by 30 points minimum, but in the immortal words of David Puddy: “You gotta support the team” lol). We usually stay overnight after the show but will drive home this time. It’s 6 hours round trip for us but I’m sure it will be worth it.

• Bit the bullet and bought tickets for this Saturday’s Genesis Show concert in Philly. I watched the Lyceum 1980 concert again this week, which got me excited to see a Duke Tour show. Also, once they released the NFL playoff schedule and I saw Baltimore is playing Sunday night instead of Saturday that sealed the deal for me (yeah I’m a sports masochist: with Lamar Jackson still hurt I know Baltimore will lose by 30 points minimum, but in the immortal words of David Puddy: “You gotta support the team” lol). We usually stay overnight after the show but will drive home this time. It’s 6 hours round trip for us but I’m sure it will be worth it.

It was worth the drive, wasn’t it? 😎

As usual, the show was outstanding AND, despite the show being on a very cold Saturday night in the middle of January, it was completely sold out! The Philadelphia area loves Genesis any time of the year.

The setlist was the customary “Duke” tour setlist, and there was an extra surprise! The actual guitar and bass that Daryl Stuermer used on the “Duke” tour are now in possession of the band, and the guitarist and bassist used each for much of the show! These can also be seen being played during parts of the TSL video/DVD. It made the “Duke” songs extra special.

I’m sure they will squeeze in an extra Scottish Rite show during the summer - they usually do. If so, I’ll be there again! 🤘

• It was worth the drive, wasn’t it? 😎

As usual, the show was outstanding AND, despite the show being on a very cold Saturday night in the middle of January, it was completely sold out! The Philadelphia area loves Genesis any time of the year.

The setlist was the customary “Duke” tour setlist, and there was an extra surprise! The actual guitar and bass that Daryl Stuermer used on the “Duke” tour are now in possession of the band, and the guitarist and bassist used each for much of the show! These can also be seen being played during parts of the TSL video/DVD. It made the “Duke” songs extra special.

I’m sure they will squeeze in an extra Scottish Rite show during the summer - they usually do. If so, I’ll be there again! 🤘

Yes, it was definitely worth the trek! I think that was the best I’ve ever heard the band sound. I missed them not playing “Say It’s Already Joe” (I’m not sure why they left it off the set list), but thoroughly enjoyed the show nonetheless. Next up: The Musical Box doing The Lamb tour in May :)

• Just a couple of quick additional comments about last night’s show (which was superb!). The band played the US setlist, which featured DWTMK played into Squonk (instead of played into Carpet Crawlers). One other surprise was the first encore they played last night was Back in NYC. I know that song was played at a few Duke Tour shows back in 1980, including Philly. But I have to say the large majority of people around me seemed not to recognize Back in NYC and just sat there staring. However IKWIL got everyone up and rocking again. Lots of dancing along the walls and in the aisles at various points last night :D

• Well, almost exactly a year later, The Genesis Show is recreating the 1980 Lyceum Ballroom show at the Keswick Theatre in suburban Philadelphia tomorrow night! 😎

Anyone else going?