General appreciation of PC

• Ok, it's hard to imagine now but Phil was in the same category as Michael Jackson and Madonna in 1986 - 87. But he was also playing drums on Apocalypse in 9/8 with Genesis *at the same time*.

What. A. Legend.

Seriously incomparable. No one was as good in so many different domains as he was. He had soul and he rocked. He was inventive and technically gifted. He somehow managed to be pretty funny too.

Flawless? Of course not. But "we'll never see the likes of him again!"

Also, this isn't an obituary. The dude is still alive. I just felt the urge to say nice things I believe are true about PC.

• I totally agree with you :)

• Phil is always a bit stuck in the "ballad" category, but when you look closer, you find out that his range is simply astonishing, from Prog, Fusion, Rock, Pop, Big Band, Soundtracks, Motown etc. Then THAT drum sound, the biggest drum fill ever etc ...

But one thing remains true: his best album was his first.

• Hi there. So, I have just recently gotten into collecting vinyl-and part of what I'm doing is tracking down records from across my childhood, which happens to be while Phil Collins' solo career was at its peak in the 80's. I have a question, and I'm not sure where else to ask it, so I'm asking here:

I'm collecting the 7" or 12" singles which contain b-sides from his albums (Man w/the Horn, You've Been in Love, etc.). My question is, was there ever a vinyl single release from the ...But Seriously album that included That's How I Feel as a b-side? This is my favorite PC b-side, but so far I've found it on one CD single release, but I can't find it on vinyl anywhere...

Am I just not looking in the right places? Does That's How I Feel really only exist on CD? Hopefully one of you here can answer this...