Genesis live @ Bataclan 1973 - restored

• Hey.
    I found this. Looks like the guys from Genesis Museum have restored this sacred cow!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• And very well done it is too. Picture quality is superb now compared to the original, and the sound isn't too shabby either. Well done all concerned!

• Wonderful quality!

since I am not that familiar with early shows: was the foxes head still a regular part of the show in early 73? When did they switch to the old man costume?

• I have been absolutely knocked out by this video.

The quality is astounding given the source. It really helps to bring alive what it would have been like to see and hear the band at this stage in their career.

Anyone on here who hasn't seen it needs to now!

• When the Epping Forest version came out a number of years ago I thought that was excellent for the time period but this version is in another league <3

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• I have been absolutely knocked out by this video.

The quality is astounding given the source. It really helps to bring alive what it would have been like to see and hear the band at this stage in their career.

Anyone on here who hasn't seen it needs to now!

Absolutely. What struck me is how chaotic, surreal and LOUD it must have been seeing them at this time. There's a strangely homemade feel to the band and the music. Couldn't be more different to the slick arena act they became (although they arguably always maintained a continuity of slight oddness / wrongness even into the 90s).

Also love how confident, relaxed and happy the band look in the interview section. Rightfully proud of what they'd achieved with Foxtrot and the reaction to it?