PHIL COLLINS - Not Dead Yet live - Fall 2018

• Like others in the thread, I have mixed emotions about Phil touring. Obviously, I would love for him to be performing, feeling good about himself, and overcoming whatever demons he's fought the past decade. I read his book and know how fragile he is.

At the same time, charging $500 for floor seats and $200 for nosebleeds rubs me the wrong way. Phil is a very wealthy man and does not need to gouge fans in this way. (Or maybe he does.) Especially if he is performing seated and relying on autotune. Perhaps a speaking tour would be more appropriate. Or maybe it's not too late for him to rehab his way back to being able to stand.. But the clips I've seen on youtube are not worthy of the ticket price.

I'm also a bit miffed he did not bring back Chester Thompson. I get that he wants to put his son in the spotlight, but it just isn't right. His son needs to make his own mark, not play drums for his famous dad. Chester was an integral part of Genesis and Phil's solo work going back to 1977. Phil's son could do a guest song or something, but the main guy behind the kit should be Chester.

From where are you getting your information regarding Phil using autotune and falling out with Chester Thompson?

This is not the first tour where Chester has not played with Phil. The late Ricky Lawson played drums with Phil's band on both the Both Sides and Dance Into The Light tours.

Oh, and the ticket prices are not dictated by the artist.

• Official Post

So, tonight Mr. Collins and his band will continue the Not Dead Yet Tour in Fort Lauderdale, FL. It is actually the fourth leg of the tour.

who's going?

Another lg will happen in early 2019 in Australia and New Zealand. No further plans are revealed at the moment, but it is likely they will continue to tour after that ...

• Official Post

Setlist from yesterday's show:

Against All Odds

Another Day In Paradise

I Missed Again

Hang In Long Enough

Throwing It All Away

Follow You Follow Me

Can't Turn Back The Years

Who Said I Would

Separate Lives

You'll Be In My Heart

Drum Duo

Something Happened On The Way To Heaven

You Know What I Mean

In The Air Tonight

You Can't Hurry Love

Dance Into The Light

Invisible Touch

Easy Lover

Sussudio

Take Me Home

• That's a good setlist! And still it's maybe 1/3 of possible hits or major songs to play. What's the drum duo? Is that Nicholas Collins and Luis Conte playing, or has Phil managed to some live drumming?

• Official Post

Phil actually participated in this drum thing

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I always loved Collins as a drummer. It's hard to seem him that was. On the other hand, it was harder to see the first videos from 2017, when he didn' do anything at all apart from singing and sitting down.

It's nice to see him doing some little rhythm thing, but obviously hopes for more won't be fulfilled.

• Wow, that was great to see! His singing has improved, and now he's doing that rhytm thing too. This video and other recent videos also show that the emotion is there. I found the first videos from this tour a bit depressing to watch, and hence didn't go to see him, but now I hope he'll do more shows in Europe. I will defintely buy a ticket this time!

• I always loved Collins as a drummer. It's hard to seem him that was. On the other hand, it was harder to see the first videos from 2017, when he didn' do anything at all apart from singing and sitting down.

It's nice to see him doing some little rhythm thing, but obviously hopes for more won't be fulfilled.

We don't know that he won't do more. These things take time. He can at least move his hands now.

• Official Post

Someone recorded the full show in Ft. Lauderdale. Enjoy

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Ok, the setlist seems to be fixed. No additions, changes or surprises so far.

As fas as I welcome the addition of You'll Be In My Heart, I wonder why he plays yet another Genesis track and why he dropped the fabulous I Don't Care Anymore. He's got plenty of stuff to choose from.

• I’m a bit late posting this, but my wife and I saw him in Las Vegas last month. I got the bearded hipster Phil shirt, a program, and one of the numbered black and white photos.

Musically it was very tight and it was better than I remember from the 80s and 90s. In terms of his vocals, I thought his voice was very strong. I was more than satisfied with the concert.

Some of the songs sounded better than I remembered them.

• Someone recorded the full show in Ft. Lauderdale. Enjoy

When will a full live album come out?

Really wanted to go.

• Official Post

There are no plans for a live album (which is uncommon these days anyway, but also a concert film is not planned)