The Last Domino? Tour: North American East Coast shows this November...?

• Official Post

... that#s what Mike says. Looks like East Coast shows this November are possible.

Check out our news here:

https://www.genesis-news.com/n…ica-in-November-n724.html

• This would be so great. Phil played TD Garden in Boston a couple years back, just in case they want to go somewhere reliable y'know, might be a good choice... Phil would know his way around the stage and everything.

• I actually think this will be the soonest outcome, if you look at it closely. They have rehearsed all the songs and invested all that time and money into the stage set etc. If our government over here are so cautious for the coming months as Mike said it won’t be happening anytime soon. So why not cut your loses and look to performing where it’s practical to do so. If the United States are more accessible then why not for you USA fans?.

the question is though is the US allowing such live events soon?, can anyone over there chip in with thoughts?.

• I would be more than happy to see Genesis start their tour in the US! It would be the first time since the WCD tour they started their tour in the US. I guess with the vaccines being utilized, the infection rates for covid could be down enough for concerts to be taking place. Usually November is the start of virus numbers increasing, but we will see. I hope to see them in Cleveland as it's been one of their most consistent stops since 1973!

• I actually think this will be the soonest outcome, if you look at it closely. They have rehearsed all the songs and invested all that time and money into the stage set etc. If our government over here are so cautious for the coming months as Mike said it won’t be happening anytime soon. So why not cut your loses and look to performing where it’s practical to do so. If the United States are more accessible then why not for you USA fans?.

the question is though is the US allowing such live events soon?, can anyone over there chip in with thoughts?.

The answer is, "It depends." In the US, each state and sometimes municipalities (i.e. cities) within the states or even the venue itself have different rules for capacity limits. For example, baseball stadiums have capacity limits varying from allowing a small fraction of fans up to full capacity. It just depends on location (and politics).

I'm assuming the band would be playing mostly indoor venues and would want full capacity. That's probably going to take longer to realize than outdoor venues or limited capacity. Also, larger cities along the east coast have generally been slower to roll back restrictions related to gatherings.

My thought is that at some point, probably sooner rather than later for adults, everyone who wants to be vaccinated will be. That should allow restrictions to be rolled back further. The timeline for that? Mr. Rutherford seems think by the fall. I hope it's sooner but no one really knows for sure. We've come out a period where it was difficult to plan things two weeks in advance. To make predictions about things six months down the road without a lot of caveats is a shot in the dark at best IMHO.

• I actually think over here the numbers are as low as they are probably going to go. Thankfully numbers have dropped considerably from 1250 deaths in January to 4 yesterday. Due to the superb vaccination program we have had over here. Problem is who knows how these new mutations are going to affect things by September?. Hopefully they don’t but as I said our government is cautious in the extreme. Probably for good reason but sooner or later you just have the face the facts that it’s here now. And we must get back to doing the things we enjoy sooner rather than later ie, concerts.

• Official Post

I actually think over here the numbers are as low as they are probably going to go. Thankfully numbers have dropped considerably from 1250 deaths in January to 4 yesterday. Due to the superb vaccination program we have had over here. Problem is who knows how these new mutations are going to affect things by September?. Hopefully they don’t but as I said our government is cautious in the extreme. Probably for good reason but sooner or later you just have the face the facts that it’s here now. And we must get back to doing the things we enjoy sooner rather than later ie, concerts.

mutations are the biggest risk factor. Apart from that, it will be about the situation then and Mike said in his podcast that they does not see anything like social distancing realistic for these shows

• oh oh oh!

interesting! I assume this east coast (why only east coast?) leg was planned anyway and now it simply could be the first optionb bring this show on stage. Thinking about this, I guess the original plan was UK 2020, Europe Summer 2021, North America November 2022...

fingers crossed they finally start playing this fall.

• Official Post

I will be happy and believe it when they really do it. Enough speculation ...

exactly. Got tix for the second Glasgow shows, but despite the tour itself, I hope it's feasable regarding travel etc...