• I'm currently enjoying Things Fell Apart on BBC Sounds, for all who can access it. It's an interesting and entertaining look at the background to various aspects of culture wars - which might make it sound a bit stodgy and worthy but presenter Jon Ronson takes a quite affable even-handed approach. I just listened to one examining what might've been the first case of internet shaming of someone telling a joke taken to be inappropriate - Ronson talks to the person responsible for the joke and others involved in the aftermath to get their recollection of what happened and how it sowed the seeds of behaviours we see now.

There's an episode about the cultural divide over abortion and an extraordinary one about the spread of AIDS which involves televangelism in an unexpected way. As I said, they're lighter than I'm probably making them sound and I recommend them.

Jon Ronson has also written some interesting books about cultural behaviours - I particularly like The Psychopath Test, The Men Who Stare At Goats, Them, and my personal favourite So You've Been Pubicly Shamed.

Abandon all reason

• Some will already know Rockonteurs from the episode featuring Mike Rutherford. Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt interview a different musician guest each episode. As they are both musicians they come at it from a practitioner's slant.

The latest edition of Rockonteurs features Steve Hackett talking childhood, guitars, influences, and being angrily accused by Tony Banks of "sounding like Deep Purple". It's way too short but they explained on twitter that he had to go. Listen here.

Abandon all reason

• Haven't got round to listening to any of them yet, (not big on podcasts TBH) but am intending to get round to listening to Steven Wilson and Tim Bowness's "Album Years", The Album Years • A podcast on Anchor

Good choice. I've listened to all of these. There's nothing groundbreaking on it, it's just 2 music nerds, nerding on about classic albums. Right up my street.

And I would say it helps to dispel the minor myth that Steven Wilson is a bit humourless.

• Thanks foxfeeder and Mozo for the tip re Album Years, I just looked at the episode list and am salivating at some of them. I might have to go straight to the 1981 episode which looks especially mouthwatering, but will be giving most if not all a listen.

Abandon all reason

• Thanks foxfeeder and Mozo for the tip re Album Years, I just looked at the episode list and am salivating at some of them. I might have to go straight to the 1981 episode which looks especially mouthwatering, but will be giving most if not all a listen.

If you really like them, you could buy the T-shirt: The Album Years (Classic Olive) (burningshed.com)

^^

(Tim has a finger in Burning Shed, in a business sense.)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I've listened to quite a few of the 80sography episodes, and there's some pretty good stuff on there.

It does focus on the 80s (obviously) but he gets some pretty good guests, and asks thoughtful questions.

I particularly enjoyed the episodes with Hugh Padgham

• I've listened to quite a few of the 80sography episodes, and there's some pretty good stuff on there.

It does focus on the 80s (obviously) but he gets some pretty good guests, and asks thoughtful questions.

I particularly enjoyed the episodes with Hugh Padgham

I shall seek it out.

Abandon all reason