... waiting for a new Peter Gabriel studio album

• I liked Up well enough but one small change would have made a big difference for me.

If they had kept the upbeat "Burn You Up, Burn You Down" as part of the track list as was originally planned, and dropped "The Barry Williams Show," which I find plodding and dull, I would have embraced Up as being up to the same high standard as its predecessors.

• I liked Up well enough but one small change would have made a big difference for me.

If they had kept the upbeat "Burn You Up, Burn You Down" as part of the track list as was originally planned, and dropped "The Barry Williams Show," which I find plodding and dull, I would have embraced Up as being up to the same high standard as its predecessors.

I don't find TBWS plodding, but I do agree BYUBYD is a superior song.

For me, Up is an album that very gradually gives up its goodies. I don't often listen to it but even now when I do it feels like I'm still discovering it. I prefer it to Us.

Abandon all reason

• I don't find TBWS plodding, but I do agree BYUBYD is a superior song.

For me, Up is an album that very gradually gives up its goodies. I don't often listen to it but even now when I do it feels like I'm still discovering it. I prefer it to Us.

It's my favorite album of his, I love the dense layered sound and the overall texture. I know III is more classic and would be preferred by most but my own personal choice would be Up.

• There were a couple of additinal photos on Peter's instagram profile, which made me even more excited - but then I realized those were older shots 8o

But I posted a shot in another thread which was new. Nobody commented on it but I used it as my avatar for a couple of weeks. Anyway here it is again:

ANNA & PETER GABRIEL: "Eye-D" promotion in Milan

Just below this, as it happens.