Genesis Ticket presale North America

• It feel a bit left out. I'm a huge Genesis fan, obviously since I'm on this site, but I was not chosen for the presale. 50% of me is worried I will have to overpay for seats and the other 50% of me is thinking it will just work out.

I was not able to attend PC Not Dead Yet show something came up at the very last minute and gave away my tickets. I'v have been regretting not seeing the show and don't want that same feeling again.

What city are you looking for tickets in? Hopefully you come up with some options in the General Public sale or they add a show to a city (which they announced some already) you can make it to. I was considering being more aggressive price wise for tickets but the tickets really close were just laughable and some of the other "Premium" deals were far enough away from the stage that I didn't think it was worth it. At the Ottawa show in 2007 I ended up with 4th row seats in the Fan Presale and actually made it up to the first row for the second half of the show when some young women who were sitting there disappeared??

• Buying tickets for the Cleveland show was not fun because the code and link they gave you put you through to seatgeek. I was able to pay for the tickets I wanted and when my confirmation email came it told me the tickets were not available. Well, this is what the website is supposed to do up front when you choose seats. In fact it chose them for me being best available. So why put me through all that and allow me to pay for them when they were not available? So then I had to go back and do it all over again and of course my seats are not as good. I definitely won't be using seatgeek again if I can help it! However, I am glad I'll be going to the show and not get shut out like other people are trying to secure tickets today through each venue.

• What city are you looking for tickets in? Hopefully you come up with some options in the General Public sale or they add a show to a city (which they announced some already) you can make it to. I was considering being more aggressive price wise for tickets but the tickets really close were just laughable and some of the other "Premium" deals were far enough away from the stage that I didn't think it was worth it. At the Ottawa show in 2007 I ended up with 4th row seats in the Fan Presale and actually made it up to the first row for the second half of the show when some young women who were sitting there disappeared??

My first choice is to buy tickets for the Detroit and for fall back option I would go to Chicago. And then when I go totally insane and spend way too much I will end up purchasing both....

For the 2007 show I had floor seats about 10-15 rows back and lower bowl. My brother and friends rotated half of the show that way to get the full experience.

• Chicago show ... start with 2000+ in the queue, and it slowly reduced. Then it froze at 114 for about 10 minutes. Finally, I was able to select seats.

Hmm ... $1200 for that Platinum seat on the floor, $900 for that Platinum seat on the side, or $400 for the other Platinum seat up in the 300 section. Oops, waited a bit too long, so even those were all gone.

Guess I'll try the general sale on Friday, but don't expect much better.

I had a similar experience, but I was able to score some tix hours later when I logged on at 6pm. Looks like they kept adding seats throughout the day, I landed 5th row 200 level. I was able to get even better seats today using the WXRT presale, lower level 17th row. They didn't show up as available until an hour into the presale.

• Quote from milicz

I had a similar experience, but I was able to score some tix hours later when I logged on at 6pm. Looks like they kept adding seats throughout the day, I landed 5th row 200 level. I was able to get even better seats today using the WXRT presale, lower level 17th row. They didn't show up as available until an hour into the presale.

I saw the XRT email this AM too, and was looking at tickets for Tuesday night. I was close to pulling the trigger on a pair, but in the end, decided that it was more than I really wanted to spend. I was crazy / fortunate enough to see them 5x in 2007, and right now, I'm feeling okay letting those continue to be the last shows I'll see. Maybe I'll be kicking myself come September when the Europe shows start, and November when they open North America here in Chicago. But right now, I'm feeling okay about it.

For folks that are going, Have a Great Time!!

• I saw the XRT email this AM too, and was looking at tickets for Tuesday night. I was close to pulling the trigger on a pair, but in the end, decided that it was more than I really wanted to spend. I was crazy / fortunate enough to see them 5x in 2007, and right now, I'm feeling okay letting those continue to be the last shows I'll see. Maybe I'll be kicking myself come September when the Europe shows start, and November when they open North America here in Chicago. But right now, I'm feeling okay about it.

For folks that are going, Have a Great Time!!

I completely understand where you're at. I saw them 4x in 2007 and although the setlist remained unchanged each experience was different. I started by buying Stuttgart and Munich before I made travel plans and ended up buying Dusseldorf and Berlin for three of us. At one point my desk drawer was overflowing with tickets. I was able to sell the Munich & Stuttgart tickets for just under what I bough then for. Then they announced the NA leg of the tour and I ended up seeing them in Toronto and Ottawa. Toronto with my wife and Ottawa with my then 16 year old son who thought I was crazy. Those shows are the absolute peak of my concert history and I was really thinking about skipping this tour and leaving it at that. My wife is from the Buffalo area and we have gone there every Thanksgiving for the past 30+ years and the show there is the Sat after. When I saw the timing of that I had to buy two to avoid kicking myself that night. I still expect more announcements, more likely additional shows in existing cities but possibly other cities. The band probably looks at this as probably the "last" one for a number of reasons. Although I think it's cool that Phil has his son playing with him I will truly miss seeing Chester up there. He was there in 1978 when I first saw them and has always been part of the Genesis experience for me, even if he was not a "member" of the band.

• I completely understand where you're at. I saw them 4x in 2007 and although the setlist remained unchanged each experience was different. I started by buying Stuttgart and Munich before I made travel plans and ended up buying Dusseldorf and Berlin for three of us. At one point my desk drawer was overflowing with tickets. I was able to sell the Munich & Stuttgart tickets for just under what I bough then for. Then they announced the NA leg of the tour and I ended up seeing them in Toronto and Ottawa. Toronto with my wife and Ottawa with my then 16 year old son who thought I was crazy. Those shows are the absolute peak of my concert history and I was really thinking about skipping this tour and leaving it at that. My wife is from the Buffalo area and we have gone there every Thanksgiving for the past 30+ years and the show there is the Sat after. When I saw the timing of that I had to buy two to avoid kicking myself that night. I still expect more announcements, more likely additional shows in existing cities but possibly other cities. The band probably looks at this as probably the "last" one for a number of reasons. Although I think it's cool that Phil has his son playing with him I will truly miss seeing Chester up there. He was there in 1978 when I first saw them and has always been part of the Genesis experience for me, even if he was not a "member" of the band.

That Toronto show was fantastic! It had been raining all afternoon, but it turned into an absolutely beautiful evening for an outdoor show.

For me, Paris and Amsterdam were divorce presents to myself (people buy you wedding presents, but you're on your own for divorce gifts), in part because after the '97/'98 CAS tour of North America was cancelled, I wasn't risking it. Toronto, because why not, Pittsburgh 2 days later, because I was going to be there for a Cubs game anyway, and then home in Chicago. Such a great summer!

And actually, speaking of the Buffalo area, the night between the Toronto and Pitt shows, I stopped in for a beef on 'weck at Schwabl's in West Seneca. People can keep their wings; beef on 'weck is Buffalo's true gift to the culinary world.

• I got my tickets yesterday for the show in DC. Since then I’ve received 3 emails advertising that tickets are still available. Just for the hell of it I clicked on the link I received in an email this morning and all that was listed were various “VIP” packages for ridiculous prices. It will be interesting to see what TicketMaster shows tomorrow for pricing when general sales start. I have to say this all so “Un-Genesis.” Say what you will about them going pop in the 80s but I never felt like they were greedy about it. A good example being they are not one of these acts that keeps a bunch of lawyers around to constantly check YouTube for “unofficial” uploads (e.g. Eagles; Neil Young). To be clear, I don’t blame Genesis or their management for this ticket gouging. It’s not their style. It’s just a shame that hardworking, true-blue fans get put through this crap by TicketMaster.

• I was able to get 2 tickets for Detroit. I saw “Follow” was the pass code for Chicago so I started typing song names and at some point I was let in.

I chose 2 seats in the lower bowl, I wish I was a little closer, but I won’t feel stressed out trying to get tickets tomorrow for general admission.

I might get tickets for Chicago closer to the show.

• That Toronto show was fantastic! It had been raining all afternoon, but it turned into an absolutely beautiful evening for an outdoor show.

For me, Paris and Amsterdam were divorce presents to myself (people buy you wedding presents, but you're on your own for divorce gifts), in part because after the '97/'98 CAS tour of North America was cancelled, I wasn't risking it. Toronto, because why not, Pittsburgh 2 days later, because I was going to be there for a Cubs game anyway, and then home in Chicago. Such a great summer!

And actually, speaking of the Buffalo area, the night between the Toronto and Pitt shows, I stopped in for a beef on 'weck at Schwabl's in West Seneca. People can keep their wings; beef on 'weck is Buffalo's true gift to the culinary world.

The Paris and Amsterdam shows must have been a blast. We really enjoyed being in Germany for the two shows and the Dusseldorf show was an indoor stadium show where we had tickets for the floor which was standing only. The Berlin show was at the Olympic Stadium which was a really interesting venue with the history there. We were in Stuttgart the day of that show and even walked outside the venue and could hear part of the soundcheck. I was hoping some magic would present us tickets that afternoon, but we needed to drive on to a hotel just outside Munich that night so I didn't push it.

I remember driving up from Buffalo that afternoon and thinking we were going to be out in the rain all night and I think there were some thunder storms brewing. We stayed at a hotel near the water and we took a bus to the venue, which was relatively small for an outdoor show.

If you're back in the Buffalo area you should try this place too:

https://www.charliethebutcher.com/locations-and-menus/

They make a pretty decent beef soup too.

• If you're back in the Buffalo area you should try this place too:

https://www.charliethebutcher.com/locations-and-menus/

They make a pretty decent beef soup too.

We love Charlie the Butcher and stop there for beef on a weck every time we are in the Buffalo area.

That Toronto show was fantastic! It had been raining all afternoon, but it turned into an absolutely beautiful evening for an outdoor show.

We were at the Toronto show too and agree it was a wonderful evening. I bought the CD of it and like listening to it, not because it was necessarily the best show of the tour, but because of the memories.

• I bought tickets on my phone for Philadelphia. I tried to buy the cheapest VIP package but it was sold out and when I hit the back button I was no longer in the Genesis presale. After I found my way back I chose “best available” but it wouldn’t show me the seats I was buying until I finished the purchase. I ended up with two seats in section 111, lower aisle seats in the back on the right. 583 dollars.

• We love Charlie the Butcher and stop there for beef on a weck every time we are in the Buffalo area.

I've heard enough of this. Genesis or no, I'm heading to Buffalo to check out this Charlie the Butcher character. And eat some, or possibly all, of his beef. I don't know what a weck is, but if it enhances the flavor of the beef then fine, I'm all in.

• I've heard enough of this. Genesis or no, I'm heading to Buffalo to check out this Charlie the Butcher character. And eat some, or possibly all, of his beef. I don't know what a weck is, but if it enhances the flavor of the beef then fine, I'm all in.

Here's a video of Charlie the Butcher at a trade show in Chicago:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm ashamed to admit that I've been traveling to Buffalo since the mid 80's and just discovered Charlie a few years ago. There is a shop about 1-2 miles from the Buffalo airport so it's handy for a pre-departure fix or a welcome home weck. Enjoy!