Genesis Ticket presale North America

• Official Post

So I got an email that they notify us tonight of whether we were chosen for the presale. Apparently if so we will be able to purchase tickets tomorrow startup at 1000am US eastern time. If that’s the case do I have to be ready at exactly 1000 or if I don’t around to do it until like 1130am is it a big deal?

• So I got an email that they notify us tonight of whether we were chosen for the presale. Apparently if so we will be able to purchase tickets tomorrow startup at 1000am US eastern time. If that’s the case do I have to be ready at exactly 1000 or if I don’t around to do it until like 1130am is it a big deal?

Not sure. I got a text with a code in it so I assume I was chosen, if that's the right word. I assume it will still work later, but imagine the longer we wait the less choice we'll have. And I have no idea if more people pre-registered than they have tickets for or how that works. Like will there be a huge demand at 10am? I'll be signing on later than that. Fingers crossed it works out!

• Official Post

Hi

I’d like to hear some stories / experiences about the presale and ticket prices in North America.
    I heard a lot of fans had trouble to even register as a “verified fan”...?

• Liquid Len, I was sent just an opposite email saying I'm on the waitlist??@#@#? I already see tickets for sale on 3rd party sites, for real how is that possible?

I do suggest to login about 10 minutes early to get in line.

Good luck!!!!

Looking for a passcode to purchase Detroit tickets

• Got OK tickets for the Toronto show. I was behind 2000 people for the presale, so not a surprise. I wasn't going to pay the giant bucks for the VIP seats, of which there were some still available for floor seats within the first few rows.

• I got Columbus - here's how it went

Logged in 30 minutes early

At 10 early it refreshed the page and said wait to be put into the queue

At 0 minutes I was put in the queue with 600+ ahead of me (not bad)

When that ran up I got the map screen of the arena (here's where it got slightly weird)

I picked a section that (when I hovered my mouse over it) said tix were $250

I found two seats near the front that were available (already many unavailable)

Clicked next ... message said those seats were taken!

Found two other seats in a same-priced section (other side of arena)

Clicked next ... same message that I was beaten to those seats

Found two others seats in a same-priced section

Clicked next ... total is $1,200! what?! The price suddenly changed for that section!

Clicked back to find new seats and now many are filling up

Found some "at the very tiny people at the back" section - sigh

Clicked next ... message said "sit tight, we're getting your tickets"

... waiting ... waiting ... then it times out and says "the timeout is give everyone a fair shot" (>:|)

I go back *again* to the arena map and now there's hardly any seats in the price range I want (and none where 2 are together!)

SUDDENLY! A bunch of seats become available! (I guess others got timed out??)

Found two seats *near* the first section I was trying for - GOT EM!

I'm pleased enough with my seats and the price (I expected over $200 - got them for $250 ea.)

but lordy lord I CALL SHENANIGANS on the deceptive pricing, the "available" seats becoming "unavailable" when I clicked to buy them, the unfair timeout (when it was them, not me, who was taking their time), and the sudden re-emergence of seats!

Good luck everyone! I saw seats priced at $800+ and those weren't even on the floor.

OH-IO!

• Had a bit of a frustrating experience with buying tix for the show in DC. When I signed in it showed I was 2nd in line. Money’s kinda tight so I chose the least expensive tix in the upper bowl—smack dab in the middle of the far side of the arena from the stage. The tix were $75 a piece (not as bad as I thought they’d be). I entered all my payment info and got the “please wait while we process your order” type of message. After 10 minutes I was kicked off because I had “timed out.” Went back in and almost everything in that part of the arena was gone. Found two side by side but got a message that the seats weren’t side by side (which wasn’t true) and my order couldn’t be completed. Found 2 farther down in that section for twice as much ($150 a piece) and had no trouble purchasing those. Really looking forward to the concert but I gotta say I’m royally p*ssed at Ticketmaster right now.

• Got OK tickets for the Toronto show. I was behind 2000 people for the presale, so not a surprise. I wasn't going to pay the giant bucks for the VIP seats, of which there were some still available for floor seats within the first few rows.

And I got mine for the Montreal concert. Very excited!!

I was also behind 2000 people that blew my mind and was even thinking that I wasn't going to get anything by the time I was up to buy. But no! I got front row seats on the lower 200 bowl the facing stage (at $200 each). I did not consider floor tickets since I am not a tall guy and hate standing up for 2 hours on the floor having paid premium price!

But I'm very happy; as it says, my phone is my my ticket - now that sure is high tech! :)

• Chicago Queue appears to have crashed. It was progressing and has now stalled out. It appeared the same as others are describing, starting at 200+ and then working down, but has stopped at 1367.

Just got this message:

08:22 AM

"Due to demand for today's offers, ticket availability is now extremely limited. While some ticket options may be unavailable, you may find dynamically priced options available (which may exceed face value)"

• I too had the experience of clicking on tickets and then being told someone else snapped them up. So I had to try again.

I also saw tickets reappear. It might have been people getting timed out. It might have been people running several accounts and then picking their best option and then letting go of the others.

• I started out about 1600 in que for the Buffalo show at 10. Was able to see tickets at about 10:05. Browsed around to see what ticket prices were like in a few different areas and then tried to buy 4-5 different pairs only to be told that someone had beat me to them. Finally got two on the first level directly out from the stage. Tix were $220 each and then Ticketmaster added on $115 in fees.

First show I saw on the ATTWT Tour in 1978 were $5.50/$6.50/$7.50.

• Couldn't have been a worse experience I think.

In 2007, it was pretty easy to buy tickets to shows in Paris and Amsterdam, on websites in languages I didn't even understand. This time around?

The hoops we had to go through to get "verified" were many, but it gave the illusion that they really were trying to help out the actual fan. Not so much.

Chicago show ... start with 2000+ in the queue, and it slowly reduced. Then it froze at 114 for about 10 minutes. Finally, I was able to select seats.

Hmm ... $1200 for that Platinum seat on the floor, $900 for that Platinum seat on the side, or $400 for the other Platinum seat up in the 300 section. Oops, waited a bit too long, so even those were all gone.

Guess I'll try the general sale on Friday, but don't expect much better.

I'll just appreciate The Musical Box show I'll be at later the same week even more. $50, no "I Can't Dance" (don't take that the wrong way; I love most of the ... can we really call them New anymore ... songs, just not that one). Seems like a good deal to me.

• I inadvertently waiting a few hours (I forgot) so there were only 3 ahead of me and I got the ticket within a few minutes. $340 or so for some section on the floor. Steep and probably not the best seat. It will do. More expensive than I thought it would be.

• Official Post

I jumped on the site about 0955am, and it immediately placed me into a Queue, and there I sat for like 5 or 6 mins. I then got into the site, but still had to wait my turn. After a few more minutes it gave me access to the tickets, but I only had 8 minutes to complete my purchase. And there was literally a clock in the lower corner of the screen! So I frantically tried to look at what was available and match it with what I wanted to spend. I found what I wanted, then went to the next screen where it said put your username and password in. So I’m thinking it’s talking about the username and password to the Ticketmaster website. I put it in, wrong. Ok. I try again, incorrect username and password. Now I’m starting to panic as I have less than five minutes. I then realize I need a separate username and password for the Wells Fargo website, which is the arena where the concert is taking place. So I quick register for the website, and then frantically put my payment information in to pay for the tickets. I competed the purchase. Maybe like one minute to spare. Got seats in Section 105, row 4 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly for December 2nd. Cost me about 175 bucks a ticket. I was definitely sweating it out. I’m doing this right after I just found out I have a fairly large kidney stone in my left kidney this morning. Fun times!

• I had a similar experience with Chicago. Started the queue with 2,000 plus, sat there for awhile, then gradually went down to 12 and sat there forever. I had to leave my laptop (f***) came back, and it said I was in. I clicked around: $650 apiece, $600 elsewhere. Then I had upper deck $150, and it crashed on me.

So, I got shut out

**^(%^*&*%&^!!!

as now they are $900 and up. Don't the prices come down for awhile at public sale?

And, $185 cheapest on Stubhub.

• It feel a bit left out. I'm a huge Genesis fan, obviously since I'm on this site, but I was not chosen for the presale. 50% of me is worried I will have to overpay for seats and the other 50% of me is thinking it will just work out.

I was not able to attend PC Not Dead Yet show something came up at the very last minute and gave away my tickets. I'v have been regretting not seeing the show and don't want that same feeling again.

• It feel a bit left out. I'm a huge Genesis fan, obviously since I'm on this site, but I was not chosen for the presale. 50% of me is worried I will have to overpay for seats and the other 50% of me is thinking it will just work out.

I was not able to attend PC Not Dead Yet show something came up at the very last minute and gave away my tickets. I'v have been regretting not seeing the show and don't want that same feeling again.

That sucks! I wonder how they choose people for the presale, probably a lottery? And whether touts/bots have found a way into that system.

Hope it works out for you. I thought some of the prices I saw on the presale were eye-watering. And as someone else pointed out, you had to make a pretty quick decision.