• When George's parents have moved to Florida but in one of his rages Frank decides he's had enough - "That's it. I'm moving back to Queens! WHERE'S MY HAT?" - as though that's all he needs to make that return journey right there and then!

He calls the Seinfelds to taunt them about moving to Del Boca Vista - "I'm gonna be all over that SHUFFLEBOARD COURT!"

Abandon all reason

• I don’t know why it tickles me so much, but there’s this part where Mr. Peterman finally returns from exile after a year to run his company again. While he was gone, Elaine hired Jerry’s dad, Morty, to work on their team. He goes on and on about selling trench coats while Peterman has this “WTF!!?” look on his face. After his long-winded opinion, Peterman says, “Who…….are you!?” 🤦‍♂️😂😂😂😂

• Official Post

I don’t know why it tickles me so much, but there’s this part where Mr. Peterman finally returns from exile after a year to run his company again. While he was gone, Elaine hired Jerry’s dad, Morty, to work on their team. He goes on and on about selling trench coats while Peterman has this “WTF!!?” look on his face. After his long-winded opinion, Peterman says, “Who…….are you!?” 🤦‍♂️😂😂😂😂

good stuff! Hey Art, how are you?

• good stuff! Hey Art, how are you?

I’m ok, brother. Just had some health issues hit me this week. Neuroma in my foot with cortisone shots, got strep, and got my results back from an at-home sleep study that revealed I have something in my central nervous system that affects my insomnia. That was a bit of a blow. Now I have to do an in-lab sleep study! 🤦‍♂️ Not happy.

Happy 4th of July! We have our fireworks all ready to roll!

Sorry to derail this thread. It’s an infringement on these fine posters’ civil rights! It’s outrageous, egregious, preposterous, salacious, outrageous!! (Said in Jackie voice!)

• Official Post

I’m ok, brother. Just had some health issues hit me this week. Neuroma in my foot with cortisone shots, got strep, and got my results back from an at-home sleep study that revealed I have something in my central nervous system that affects my insomnia. That was a bit of a blow. Now I have to do an in-lab sleep study! 🤦‍♂️ Not happy.

Happy 4th of July! We have our fireworks all ready to roll!

Sorry to derail this thread. It’s an infringement on these fine posters’ civil rights! It’s outrageous, egregious, preposterous, salacious, outrageous!! (Said in Jackie voice!)

Sorry to hear about the health issues, but always good to see you on the forum!

• I don’t know why it tickles me so much, but there’s this part where Mr. Peterman finally returns from exile after a year to run his company again. While he was gone, Elaine hired Jerry’s dad, Morty, to work on their team. He goes on and on about selling trench coats while Peterman has this “WTF!!?” look on his face. After his long-winded opinion, Peterman says, “Who…….are you!?” 🤦‍♂️😂😂😂😂

Peterman is always good value. I like this exchange between him and Puddy from an outtake of the finale:

JP: Hail fellow well met. J Peterman.

DP: David Puddy.

JP: The boyfriend. The man behind the emerald curtain...

DP: Yeah that's right.

Abandon all reason

• At some point, as George is explaining what's happened doesn't Jerry say "So... you're Cartwright?" and George reply in a tone of bewilderment "Yeah. I'm Cartwright!" ?

Genuinely, first episode I ever saw. I'd never heard of the show, it just didn't have an audience here in the uk. The BBC were eratically scheduling it late Fridays and Saturdays on its second channel and I stumbled into it on this episode. It gradually dawned on me the location wasn't going to change, which was unusual. That and something about the dialogue kept me watching and I realised this wasn't the average US sitcom. I kept with it on its inconsistent appearances from then. Eventually it gained more of a following and a steadier scheduling, although it was still a bit shoddily treated eg seasons would be cut off in mid flow and resumed months later. And it never progressed much beyond a cult following here - to this day I still don't know many people who ever saw it.

There are two famous gig myths here: the number of people who claim to have attended the Sex Pistols notorious 100 Club show, or Prince's 1st UK gig at the London Lyceum (same venue as the famous Genesis May 1980 gigs) far exceed the capacities of those tiny venues. It's kind of similar to claim the first Seinfeld I ever saw was the famous Chinese Restaurant one, but in my case it's true.

Abandon all reason

• Saw this one last night:

Susan reads out loud letters discovered in her father’s burned down cabin that reveal that her father had an affair with John Cheever. Her shocked brother exclaims “John Cheever? Dad, you and John Cheever!” Susan’s aunt then says with a grin “I KNEW IT!”

• Her shocked brother exclaims “John Cheever? Dad, you and John Cheever!” Susan’s aunt then says with a grin “I KNEW IT!”

Is it not her mum who says that? In my head it is but correct me if I'm wrong.

When Kramer is desperate for more Cuban cigars he tries his luck at the consulate. One of my favourite bits of his twitchy physical business occurs: quite simply, after saying hello to the receptionist he does a completely gratuitous double take on a woman sitting on a couch behind him. She plays no further part in the episode at all. For some reason, that moment always cracks me up.

Mrs Backdrifter and I have adopted his novocaine-driven "YAAH, HEADIN' HOME" from The Jimmy when one tells the other that that's what we're doing.

When he wants the vet to diagnose him rather than the doctor so takes a dog and describes its sore throat symptoms: "It hurts when he has orange juice - er, I mean, dog food. Juice."

Abandon all reason

• Official Post

That’s funny. My wife and I do the same thing with the scene from the black and white cookie episode, when Jerry and Elaine are trying to buy the chocolate bobka. Some guy with a cane steps on Elaines foot, almost breaking it and then says, Sorry! In this really weird voice. Whenever we need to apologize to each other about something not super serious, we always say Sorry! In that weird tone. Cracks us up.

• That’s funny. My wife and I do the same thing with the scene from the black and white cookie episode, when Jerry and Elaine are trying to buy the chocolate bobka. Some guy with a cane steps on Elaines foot, almost breaking it and then says, Sorry! In this really weird voice. Whenever we need to apologize to each other about something not super serious, we always say Sorry! In that weird tone. Cracks us up.

Yes I've always been struck by that bizarre "sorry!" too.

"I think I've got David Duke and Farrakhan down there!"

Also from that episode we've adopted any mention of cinnamon as Jerry's impassioned "Cinnamon! Cinnamon!"

Abandon all reason

• I just double-checked the script online. Susan’s mother shouts at Susan’s father “Who’s John? Who’s John?” Then the aunt exclaims “I knew it!” The look on the aunt’s face is priceless lol.

• Kenny Rodgers chicken restaurant episode when Jerry confronts Newman:

Jerry: “Broccoli? Newman you wouldn’t eat broccoli if it was deep fried in chocolate sauce.”

Newman tries to claim he loves broccoli and takes a bite before spitting it out with a disgusted look on his face and screams “Vile weed!” :)

• Kenny Rodgers chicken restaurant episode when Jerry confronts Newman:

Jerry: “Broccoli? Newman you wouldn’t eat broccoli if it was deep fried in chocolate sauce.”

Newman tries to claim he loves broccoli and takes a bite before spitting it out with a disgusted look on his face and screams “Vile weed!” :)

😂

Yes! Talking of quoting from the show, a friend who detests green leaves and veg does indeed declare them as "vile weed".

Newman demands honey mustard sauce to take away the taste.

Kramer says something derisive along the lines of "That Rogers, he doesn't know what's going on!"

"My rods and cones are all messed up!"

Abandon all reason

• Yes the vile weed line is a classic. I used to use that as well all the time regarding broccoli. I hated it, and asparagus too. Thank God I’m with someone now who knows her way around the kitchen. Who knew veggies could taste so good? :D And I love the rods and cones comment by Kramer. The red menace strikes lol.

• Official Post

Alton Benes: Which one's supposed to be the funny guy?

George Costanza: Oh, he's the comedian.

Jerry Seinfeld: I'm just a regular person.

George Costanza: No, no. He's just being modest.

Alton Benes: We had a funny guy with us in Korea. A tailgunner. They blew his brains out all over the Pacific. There's nothing funny about that!

He’s in the ba-troom!